PDA

View Full Version : Which tower for prostar 190

jeff shelton
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Wanting to put tower and bimini on 1990 prostar 190. I'm considering installing a MTk or New Dimesions. Leaning toward MTk due to price and considering that I want have to wait months for the ND tower or worry about any issue with them. I think I actually prefer the look of the MTk. Total cost of the MTk with bimini shipped and installed is $2500. Cost for ND looks like it would cost about $800 more.

Pardon the cut, paste and the copy job of my prostar with the MTk but I attached a picture of the model yr boat with a MTk and ND tower.

What are your thoughts? For all the purist that say I shouldn't put a tower on the boat. I plan to only use tower to tow a tube.

ski/hunt
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM
When I found the 205 I wanted it had what I thought was the worst looking tower to ever be put on a mastercraft boat!! I have since taken it off and gave it away... I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---
You better save up and go with ND!! They at least look half way decent---:)

BrooksfamX2
04-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Take a look at Samson Towers. They make really nice towers .......

www.samsonsports.com

D3skier
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
When I found the 205 I wanted it had what I thought was the worst looking tower to ever be put on a mastercraft boat!! I have since taken it off and gave it away... I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---

WOW!!!! if that isn't just blunt and to the point.... never thought I'd hear that from you ski/hunt...

Jeff d
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Why tow a tube from the tower? That's a lot of force. I have a tower but whenever I pull a tube I connect it to the tow point on the transom.

Also, I don't think that monster reverse arch tower looks bad.

BrooksfamX2
04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
............ I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---

Sounds like a ND sales pitch..........:rolleyes:

ntidsl
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
woah!!! buying a tower to tow a tube? Not a good investment.

LaRue
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
agree that a tower for tube pulling is unwise. if that is your only reason, save the $$ and the clean lines of boat.

jeff shelton
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Take a look at Samson Towers. They make really nice towers .......

www.samsonsports.com

I would go with the ND over the Samson.

Why tow a tube from the tower? That's a lot of force. I have a tower but whenever I pull a tube I connect it to the tow point on the transom.

Also, I don't think that monster reverse arch tower looks bad.

The tube part is just a joke .

While I wouldn't put anything but a ND on a 93 and newer MasterCraft. I don't think it flows with the front of the windshield as well as the curved windshield of the 93. It also looks like the tower is to far forward or the bow is to short on the 90 model.

ttu
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
i dont think the monster tower you showed looks that bad at all.

pram
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
just move that tower a bit more forward and it won't look bad IMO

tph
04-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Not a fan of towers, but here's another alternative:

03 35th Anniversary
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
The picture he has posted of that 1990 doesn't do it justice.

But thank goodness he took that safety top off and pitched it in the dumpster! What a pain in the @$$!!! Also pulled the mufflers off so that 454HO could rumble!

03 35th Anniversary
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Of course you think that.....you're Canadian!!!

jeff shelton
04-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Pram
Not sure if I can remove the tape on the picture.

I would want to be there when they installed it. I would also want the bimini on the tower prior to mounting.

jeff shelton
04-12-2012, 08:24 PM
The picture he has posted of that 1990 doesn't do it justice.

But thank goodness he took that safety top off and pitched it in the dumpster! What a pain in the @$$!!! Also pulled the mufflers off so that 454HO could rumble!

Johnny
Actually I didn't remove the safettop from the picture. I taped the tower over it. I think the safettop would still fit with the tower in place, so i could have them both on at the same time.

Your the one that wants to tube behind it anyway and if I buy the tower then you can buy the fly high pole and the barefoot boom for that 93 190 that you still haven't finished.

TinaSkiGirl
04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
That MTK Tower looks like a couple of decisions I made after a 3 day cok, X, Weed, Booze, and black guy binge!

Lumbergh
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
That MTK Tower looks like a couple of decisions I made after a 3 day cok, X, Weed, Booze, and black guy binge!

Now that is brutal honesty.

Well played.

pram
04-13-2012, 12:57 AM
you telling me Johnny still has that 93-190 and it ain't finished yet???

pram
04-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Pram
Not sure if I can remove the tape on the picture.

I would want to be there when they installed it. I would also want the bimini on the tower prior to mounting.

for sure being there

a couple of inches makes a lot of difference, just ask one of 03's old girlfriends :D

you sure you don't just wanna get a fly high pole for that thing??

pram
04-13-2012, 12:59 AM

:eek:

all that in 3 days

mattb
04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I really don't see why everyone hates towers on 190's. What's the difference between a tower on a 190 and one on a 197?? Nothing. It's super convenient to get everything off the floor and to not have a rope smacking your passengers... just my opinion.

I'd go with a New Dimension mini tower.

jeff shelton
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
you telling me Johnny still has that 93-190 and it ain't finished yet???

That would be why I bought the 90 model. He still hasn't finished the 93.

for sure being there

a couple of inches makes a lot of difference, just ask one of 03's old girlfriends :D

you sure you don't just wanna get a fly high pole for that thing??

I've got a fly high pole but I'm wanting a tower and bimini. I looked at the fly high ragtop bimini from BI but it doesn't look that good and it is extremely overpriced. If its wasn't so expensive I would just get one of them.

03 35th Anniversary
04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Now that is brutal honesty.

Well played.

I'd call it a great comparison!

jeff shelton
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Thought I would post these pics for reference of the 190 with the monster mtk tower. I ended up just getting the flyhigh bimini for my 190. Unfortunately the flyhigh bimini is not available anymore.