PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket Attitude plate

hragsarkissian
04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey there,

My 2010 X25 currently has an aftermarket attitude plate installed. It was installed by the dealer last year. The plate is controlled using the tower lights switch (up/down). From what I see, the plate and actuator are made by Lenco. I was wondering if anyone has tried linking the controls to the BIG display so that it would show the current angle of the plate?

Also what is the best way to access the wires of the side controls. I was thinking of moving the plate from the tower lights switch (i would like to use this for lights eventually) to its intended position (black rocker switch). Anybody know where I could order a black oem switch to go in there as well (since it is currently blank)?

Thanks,

Hrag

hragsarkissian
04-20-2012, 08:04 AM
A little update...Got a quote from my dealer to tie up the aftermarket wake plate to the BIG (to be able to see its position and have it linked to rider profiles). Apparently it needs some kind of "brainbox" so that the actuator can interface with the system. Price is a little high IMO (around $1,100 with labor). What are you thought? Should i consider it? Or is it not worth it?

MattsCraft
04-20-2012, 08:24 AM
My :twocents: Not worth it, if you had surf tabs and if it would work with the new "Launch Mode" maybe. I never use the tab for boarding or surfing on my X2. Mostly just all the way down for launch if the boat is slamed or skiing, almost never part way down.

hragsarkissian
04-20-2012, 08:30 AM
My :twocents: Not worth it, if you had surf tabs and if it would work with the new "Launch Mode" maybe. I never use the tab for boarding or surfing on my X2. Mostly just all the way down for launch if the boat is slamed or skiing, almost never part way down.

Mattscraft, Not familiar with "Launch mode". I do not have the surf tabs. But yeah I was thinking its on the high side (dealers charging over 400 bucks for shipping and labor). So you have the plate all the way down for skiing when launching? Interesting. Will have to try it next time. I use the plate mostly while cruising to keep the bow down and reduce purposing, a must in the open sea. Never use it for wakeboarding as it seems to pretty much kill the wake (same for wakesurfing).

I'm always considering install surftabs for wakesurfing but keep seeing mixed reviews.