PDA

View Full Version : Off to Coble Ski School; excited to ski behind their MasterCrafts

DavidMCX30
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
I love my X-30, but it ain't a ski boat. Stoked to be heading tomorrow to Coble Ski School in NC for my first run ever on a course and behind a true ski boat -- website says they have the latest MasterCrafts. Can't wait. Nervous, but can't wait.

mikeg205
04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
have a great time...would love to go myself... :D

mtajpa
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Have a great time. I remember my first ski school I went to it was in the first part of May after two days I was so sore I could hardly walk. Bunch of young kids were tearing me up. :o

jmac197
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
They do a fantastic job there. I went a few years ago with my wife, 2 kids, and an old friends two daughters. At the time I could get about 50% of my 15 off passes. I left there with 100% of them nailed! The rest of our gang went from not skiing to up on one and dropping one to up on one. They are very patient and knowledgeable. I remember thinking...what am I doing getting pulled by Chris Eller. You will have a great time! and remember that you learn as much by listening to what they tell others as what they tell you.

Top Notch!!!!!

Oh yeah...bring tape!

sand2snow22
04-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Great times! X 2 bring duct tape. They should have some for you. Buy the little gloves that go under your gloves, too! By the end of the week I was holding onto the handle with my fingers to get up, trying to save my poor hands.

EricB
04-12-2012, 12:12 AM
When you return home, kiss that x-30 good bye!

DavidMCX30
04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement! Hadn't thought of tape. I was more worried about my forearms and legs (and lungs...I'm 44 for cripes sake). Been working out all winter with this goal in mind. Wish it weren't my first ski of the season!

I almost wrote that this could be a VERY expensive trip, but truth be told, I just doubled down on the X-30 -- all new upholstry being done right now. We love our big girl...great for having lots of family and friends...and all the toys stowed away. We're on a slip so everything comes with us.

DavidMCX30
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgbOAbQ3Diw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Phntmski
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
you're gonna hurt in places you didn't know you have! it'll be great!!