PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen tower

carlsonwa
04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
77288Hey all.

Question for you all for a friend who is looking at a 99 205v.

Boat has the 1st gen tower on it. Do these towers "fold" at all. Say if you wanted to fit in an 8 foot door ? Or do you have to remove completely ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim@BAWS
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I have lowered that tower and made it fit under a 7 foot door. That was a first generation
Zero Flx flyer tower and can be lowered. It is tricky but can be done!!!

Jim@BAWS

mtajpa
04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I have one on my boat and always fold it forward. It will also fold back but I only fold it forward. Just unscrew the 2 rear bolts and loosen the front 2. Its easy with 2 people but a little tough with only one.

mtajpa
04-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Also mine is on a 230 Maristar and when folded forward it rests right on top of the bow light. Might be too long on to rest on anything.

mtajpa
04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Picture of it folded. Excuse the dirt and oxidation I've been recovering from shoulder surgery.

BrianT
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I have a 99 PS 205V with the first gen tower as well. I have to fold mine regularly to get under a bridge. I have pins in the front and always lay it back. I put a couple of life jackets down to protect the gel coat. To be honest..... I didn't know you could lay it down forward. Learn something new everyday....

swatguy
04-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Have that tower. Folds forward or backwards. Don't recall which is lower as I always fold it back as u just pull front pins. Makes 8ft garage.

Also I refer to fold it back. I made a brace out of wood that I remove rear center cushion for and stick in the cooler and it fits right on the towpoint and locks in place. Keeps it off the gel and level to get even better clearance.

swatguy
04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Btw those are not the original graphics so probably had tower put on later as well. Chechen under backside of mounts and also check the alignment and fold it a couple times before u take ot home. Towers put on aftermarket are sometimes ought of alignment bad. Just make site pin holes and Allen holes on rear re aligned easily after folding

If u do end up getting it. Tower tube size is 1 7/8. DIY wakees adjustable board racks for 99 bucks fit perfectly between cross members and are the best deal around

Ken
04-12-2012, 01:44 AM
1st Gen will definitely fold back. For mine just two push to release pins and tip it back. I stopped it at approx level as that seemed to be the lowest point and in the garage it went. Have the 1st gen tower available if someone wants to purchase it? :)

Cguse13
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
ok can someone post a pic of what the pins look like... mine currently has bolts through it and i have known it was not right but have not seen anything other than this in person.

swatguy
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Double post sorry

swatguy
04-12-2012, 02:29 PM
ok can someone post a pic of what the pins look like... mine currently has bolts through it and i have known it was not right but have not seen anything other than this in person.

http://wwrw.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=531

My brace holds it level like kens.

mmoffitt
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
1st Gen will definitely fold back. For mine just two push to release pins and tip it back. I stopped it at approx level as that seemed to be the lowest point and in the garage it went. Have the 1st gen tower available if someone wants to purchase it? :)
Do you still have the first gen tower?
I might be interested.
How much would you want for it?
What city are you in?