PDA

View Full Version : X-25 recall

NBX25
04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello Team. We have a 2010 x-25 that was given a recall notice for the fuel pump vent hose that passes below the deck inspection plate. Our dealer does amazing service and thought they had it repaired but when preparing to put the boat in the water for the first time this year, we discovered a major gas leak coming from that hose. The letter we received says that Mastercraft says that this is a "potential" issues with no known occurrences, and I thought you should know that there is at least 1 real life instance.
Fortunately (it's funny how things work out), the battery was dead so the engine didn't start and we didn't all go up in a fireball.
Any other x-25 owners - if you got this recall notice, PLEASE take it seriously and get it fixedASAP.

bjames
04-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Good information. Thanks for the heads up..

Nick911
04-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

hragsarkissian
04-12-2012, 05:36 AM
NBX25, thanks for the heads up! I have a 2010 X25 Saltwater. However, I haven't received a recall notice nor is my dealer here in Lebanon aware of any. Do you know if this goes for all 2010 X25s? or does it concern a particular batch?

arnott10
04-29-2012, 05:29 PM
I own a 2010 X25 and have a personal contact at MC. I emailed him asking about a recall. This was his response.

"Early on we found that the fuel vent hose coming out of the fuel pump was rubbing the bottom edge of the deck plate. We changed to a shorter deck plate and changed the orientation of the pump to clear. First, check to see if your hose is even rubbing the edge of the deck plate. If it is not you have nothing to worry about. But if it is, you likely have a screw in deck plate and will need a T handle, latch in plate. After the new plate, the orientation of the fuel pump may have to be changed as well."

As far as batches go, it only affected the very first 25's that were built.

Hope this helps