PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump location

cwarndahl
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey Guys does any one know the ballast pump location on a 01 x-10? i keep it at a marina and the rears have always been slow. but now one is not working and was thinking of replacing. so i was hoping instead of tearing everything apart looking for them some one could tell me the location. i know i can fallow the hoses again being at the marina i just want to see the pump so i can i know what I'm looking at when buying a new one.
thanks!

Brian B
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Your locker empty ballast pumps are hard mounted to the back side of the hard tanks. The other four pumps are on either side of the engine down low in the bilge. You'll have to empty your lockers and open the access doors to get to them.

FYI If your tank is currently full, it will drain out into the boat when you remove the pump cartridge. I pulled the opposite side, and used it to plug the pump housing while I went looking for a new pump.....

cwarndahl
04-11-2012, 10:47 AM
thanks for the post brian. and good info on the fuel tank. but they are a cartridge style? not more similar to a bilge pump?

NoSubstitute
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM
On my '03 X-10, they are mounted on the transom, above the manifold. Below are a couple pics.