PDA

View Full Version : Flite Pipe

madcityskier
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
It's come up on TeamTalk as well as other sites. Someone who wants to mount an extended pylon and a barefoot boom, or a trick release (these are so rare that it's a bit scary). I picked up a used Flite Pipe extended pylon some time ago and highly recommend it. It mounts in front of the pylon as the pictures show, and uses a bow strap for reinforcement like other extended pylons. It's very stable and makes it very easy to transition, or even used both at the same time. There is a sticker on it that indicates it came from a place calle Board/Boat Specialties in Greenville S.C. the sticker shows them at 104 Choice Hill Rd. Greenville, SC 29609 and lists the phone as 864-294-0507. I googled them and manta.com 16 Phillips Avenu Greenville, SC29609-6316 and phone 864-834-9353. Might want to try to confirm the numbers as I can't find a current listing through superpages.com. As I say I got this used, and can't seem to find a manufacturer on line.
The "Super Deluxe Boom Mount" which came up in conversation with a Nautique guy a while back can be found at the following web site, and while slightly more convulted IMO, seems like it would get the job done.
www.tachyonmotorsports.com

SilviaMan
04-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I like the two mounting "clamps" on the one pictured a little better than the single "clamp" model at the web address.
I like both better than modifying the pylon.
Thanks for the info!

TRBenj
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I believe the Flite Pipe has been NLA for a number of years. Used ones come up for sale rarely.

If you can fit an extended pylon over your factory pylon, then you can simply put the boom mount down low (most extended pylons dont go all the way to the floor). Add a height adjuster to the boom mount and you can run both at once.

If your pylon cannot accept an extended pylon over it, then the SDBM works great. I have a few on my older Correct Crafts that have ring-and-finger style pylon toppers.

DooSPX
04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a few on my older Correct Crafts that have ring-and-finger style pylon toppers.

How many boats do you have?:confused:;)

TRBenj
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
How many boats do you have?:confused:;)
The official answer? "A few." Ha. 6* boats total, I think? 3 are split ownership though, so I really only own four and a half. A few of them actually run, too!

*This number tends to fluctuate.

SilviaMan
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
A few of them actually run, too!

Sounds like my car collection. (been good for a while and kept the count down to pretty much all running and useable)

gotta_ski
04-13-2012, 05:24 AM
TRBenj, I think we need some pics to go with that explanation. Having an interest in 6 boats means that you must have some interesting examples in the lineup.

madcityskier
04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
How do you find the time to keep them all buffed and waxed? Oh, that explains why you went with split ownership.

TRBenj
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
How do you find the time to keep them all buffed and waxed? Oh, that explains why you went with split ownership.
Bingo... having a few extra hands (and split costs) is handy when it comes to maintaining, storing, upgrading, etc.

Gotta ski, some are interesting for sure. I cant post pictures here (I am a CC guy) but if youre interested, I can PM them to you.

madcityskier
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Would love to see them.

DooSPX
04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
me as well man!

TRBenj
04-13-2012, 01:57 PM
PM's sent... youve been warned!:D

madcityskier
04-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Awesome pics. Nice collection.