PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Level and Hurth Trans Fluid Level Question

mattb
04-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone, I finally was able to take my boat out for the first time this weekend. I noticed 2 things that I haven't able to find a clear answer on.

1) My throttle level "clicks" when you bring it back into the neutral position. Although it clicks, I can still move it into forward or reverse without lifting up on the "ring." Is there a fix or adjustment for this?

2) I have a direct drive "powerslot" Hurth transmission in my '95 Pro star. The dip stick has 3 fill lines. Does anyone know what the proper level of fluid should be? I'm not sure exactly what the lines represent. My first guess is obviously Full, half, and low, but I don't know if any of these represent a hot/cold fill line.

Thank you!

CantRepeat
04-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone, I finally was able to take my boat out for the first time this weekend. I noticed 2 things that I haven't able to find a clear answer on.

1) My throttle level "clicks" when you bring it back into the neutral position. Although it clicks, I can still move it into forward or reverse without lifting up on the "ring." Is there a fix or adjustment for this?

2) I have a direct drive "powerslot" Hurth transmission in my '95 Pro star. The dip stick has 3 fill lines. Does anyone know what the proper level of fluid should be? I'm not sure exactly what the lines represent. My first guess is obviously Full, half, and low, but I don't know if any of these represent a hot/cold fill line.

Thank you!

You should not be able to move the throttle lever without lifting the lockout on it. I do not know if there is an adjustment for this, I'd have to take one apart to say either way.

Think of them as min/good/max lines.

mattb
04-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks! I still have to lift the lockout to get it to smoothly go out of neutral, but if you push it hard enough it will slide right past. I'd like to fix it just in case someone less experienced gets behind the wheel.

Jerseydave
04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks! I still have to lift the lockout to get it to smoothly go out of neutral, but if you push it hard enough it will slide right past. I'd like to fix it just in case someone less experienced gets behind the wheel.

Mine does the same thing on my '93, I think the spring at the bottom of the throttle arm is either stretched or broken. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet though. You can see the spring move while you lift up on the lockout knob.

mattb
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Mine does the same thing on my '93, I think the spring at the bottom of the throttle arm is either stretched or broken. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet though. You can see the spring move while you lift up on the lockout knob.

Let me know if you ever figure it out. I might take mine apart this weekend.

Worthing skier
04-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi

Yes you will find the spring broken at the bottom of the lever , very easy and a must do safety fix .

All you need to do is
Start with shift the lever in the neutral position
Take out the shift lever split pin
Remove the lever assy from the splined shaft
Replace the spring .
Refit lever assy

The spring is nothing special, just pick 1 up from local automotive parts store , of a similar tension .

Job done .

I will try and post a picture later on

good luck

kevin

mattb
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi

Yes you will find the spring broken at the bottom of the lever , very easy and a must do safety fix .

All you need to do is
Start with shift the lever in the neutral position
Take out the shift lever split pin
Remove the lever assy from the splined shaft
Replace the spring .
Refit lever assy

The spring is nothing special, just pick 1 up from local automotive parts store , of a similar tension .

Job done .

I will try and post a picture later on

good luck

kevin

Thanks Kevin! This is exactly what I was looking for. If the shift lever split pin a set screw in the bottom of the lever?

mikeg205
04-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Matt.. I got my spring at the local hardware store...took 10 minutes to repair...