PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram for 1999230 VRS

Bruce
04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
After taking boat in for transmission problems (water in tranny) and then taking it back a 2nd time because they put in a wrong part. Each time they had to pull the engine and the tranny. Finally got it back. Now gas gauge and blower motor not working. Found one wire loose, green, that had been stripped but could not fine where it went. Speedometer not working either but that is nothing new. Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram? I don't wish to take it back and tie the boat up for another month! This is a Chris Craft dealer. There is not a Mastercraft dealer close by. Any help appreciated.:(

FrankSchwab
04-10-2012, 01:23 AM
I'll see if I can find the diagrams I made of mine when I was working on the electricals - but I think they're all still hand-drawn.

The wiring colors are standardized; try here (http://www.goldstarmarine.com/techtipsPdf/ABYC%20%20WIRING%20COLOR%20CODES.pdf).

/frank

FrankSchwab
04-10-2012, 03:17 AM
OK, this is how I interpret my notes for my '98. Your '99 should be pretty similar.

I'll assume that the mechanic didn't do any work under the dash.

The fuel gauge circuit goes from the switched power on the ignition switch (purple wire), to the fuel gauge. A pink wire then comes out of the gauge, goes through a 4-pin connector under the dash, and back to the fuel tank. On the top of the tank, you should see a connector with a pink wire and a black wire plugged into the fuel level sensor. I'm guessing they pulled the connector off and forgot to reconnect it.

The blower motor is a Yellow wire coming from the Blower switch on the dash to a connector back next to the blower motor (mounted below the engine on the port side). Once again, I'm guessing they simply forgot to reconnect the connector.

As far as I can tell, there's no single common connector that they could have knocked loose that would kill both without taking out everything else in the boat.

The green wire is probably a ground that connects to the fuel filler / fuel hose.

I have a rotating wheel on the outside of the transom that sticks below the hull for speedometer. Unfortunately, my notes don't describe the wire colors for the speedometer - there are black, clear, and light blue wires coming off the speedo, but I don't know how they get to the back of the boat, or what color they are when they get there. Check the speed pickup; as I remember the wires come through the transom and are subject to damage.

Good luck; a better electrical guide than I linked before is here (http://www.clrmarine.com/538.html).

/frank

Bruce
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Frank thanks very much for your reply. This should be very helpful!

mtajpa
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Is the green wire coming from the filler neck to the fuel pump/tank if so read up on this post.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=10679&highlight=fire+hazard+ground

Bruce
04-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for reply. This could very well be what the green wire was attached to. I remember seeing this years ago. I probably disconnected it my self but did not remove it. Now I am the idiot trying to reconnect it! Can't wait to see if that is it. You may have saved a big boom!