PDA

View Full Version : Underwater light position

Dakotax
04-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I am adding underwater lights to my X-2. Do the leds light up the wake better if they are mounted in the center between the exhaust ports or outside of the swim platform brackets. We would like to light up the wake for some late evening surfing. I was wondering what the experience was on the boats that had them.

MattsCraft
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Factory position is just inside the exhaust ports, they are using larger lights now than I have. Mine light up the lake even being the smaller ones pretty good sitting or running. Night surfing is super stressful, only did it once, more hassle than it is worth in my opinion.

Dakotax
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Do they make the wake glow or is it like two beams of light shining into the water? I have 2 college age boys at home and they are often out after dark unless the Game and Fish is patrolling our lake.

MattsCraft
04-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Yes, the wake will glow a really nice blue color. My problem is with surfing at night, my under waters are wired to the same switch as my interior LED's, even though I have them all facing down, any extra light makes it tough to see the shore line at night. As long as you have a wide open space you should be good, I just got to nervous about running ashore.:eek3: We used a glow necklace for the riders, this way when they fall you can see them for the pickup.