PDA

View Full Version : Our new X2

Quinten
04-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Received our new x2 a couple weeks ago.
With power tower. Interiour pics will follow :)

bjames
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Holy cripes!! Is that the new 2012 trailering cover? My 2011 X25 cover didnt cover the tower like yours. Should be great for keeping bugs off the tower/bimini while trailering.

jason95gt
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
It is the new cover for the power tower boats.

BrianT
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Must be a Europeon thing.... That would be nice to have the whole thing under wraps like that.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice looking rig. That cover looks really nice. Are roller trailer common on your side of the world?

Quinten
04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Nice looking rig. That cover looks really nice. Are roller trailer common on your side of the world?

we need roll cause we dont have a slipway in our place like in USA, we have a slipway to the water side and than a metal plate that lowers the trailer, we can adjust the dept of the trailer in the water but it's to steep so we need weels to get on, because we drive/winch the boat on, not floating on.

jafo9
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
great looking cover. how hard is it to keep rain from pooling?

Quinten
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
great looking cover. how hard is it to keep rain from pooling?

I have no idea, there are two poles under it, one in bow, and one in the back.
And its located under the carpool in de back, so out of the rain and a little protected from wind.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
we need roll cause we dont have a slipway in our place like in USA, we have a slipway to the water side and than a metal plate that lowers the trailer, we can adjust the dept of the trailer in the water but it's to steep so we need weels to get on, because we drive/winch the boat on, not floating on.

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

scott023
04-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Very interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Me neither. Sounds like a pita.

X25 ED
04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
just curious Quinten, did you buy your boat in the Netherlands?

Sodar
04-10-2012, 03:42 PM

That is really neat and truly a genius idea with the hydraulics and all.

You can always launch the new boat like this, too!

http://youtu.be/QiIHS5EMvRY

Quinten
04-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Me neither. Sounds like a pita.

doesn't matter, I will take a better picture when we go out and post it here. :)

Quinten
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
just curious Quinten, did you buy your boat in the Netherlands?

Nop Belgium. But dutch trailer.

Fab
04-11-2012, 05:34 AM
You bought it from the Belgian MC importer, power boat center ? Shall I ask you how much €€ did it cost for you, just to compare with France...

Quinten
04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
You bought it from the Belgian MC importer, power boat center ? Shall I ask you how much did it cost for you, just to compare with France...

Send you a pm. :)

Quinten
04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Voila, here are a few more pictures, also includes the slipway, when the boat is on and comming on the trailer, the trailer is in the lowest position, it's all manpower to pull the boat on, that's why we need rolls on the trailer :p.

Last pic is prepairing to pull boat and trailer out so slipway is higher here :)

CruisinGA
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Boy, you are really F'ed if you back that thing just a little too far and drop a wheel off the edge of the ramp...

gatorguy
04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
That is a pretty neat system. It is always cool to see the different way people do things in other places.

BARE5
04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Very cool system.

Quinten
04-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Boy, you are really F'ed if you back that thing just a little too far and drop a wheel off the edge of the ramp...

Slow is the key and you can ride against it, but not to hard. :)
In my notice there is only one trailer going over it with just the wheels.
And one ducht man with a verry small/light boat going into the water with car and boat it was his own fold, he didn't set blocks behind his rear car wheels like trucks do :p

sleeporbutter
04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
I would like to see some "boat ramp bloopers" from that set-up. If we launched that way where I ski the waiting line to launch your boat would stretch to tomorrow.

davidstan
04-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Nice X2! Let us know how you are liking it after a few hours.

Quinten
04-16-2012, 05:28 PM
I would like to see some "boat ramp bloopers" from that set-up. If we launched that way where I ski the waiting line to launch your boat would stretch to tomorrow.

if we got 7-10 boats in our club when it's really sunny and hot than it's much and the launch and arrive not on the same time at the club so no problem of waiting lines :).

sleeporbutter
04-17-2012, 01:42 PM
if we got 7-10 boats in our club when it's really sunny and hot than it's much and the launch and arrive not on the same time at the club so no problem of waiting lines :).

That's the difference. My club consists of anyone with a boat who wants to go to the lake (and some of these guys go there to fish :confused:)

jdl xstar
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe I'm cynical, but if that ramp set up was the norm in the states, I can imagine many wally run-about types killing themselves with that hydraulic system! :noface:

scott023
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Your not kidding. Holy smokes. Quite the angle it has to launch at as well.

Quinten
04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Maybe I'm cynical, but if that ramp set up was the norm in the states, I can imagine many wally run-about types killing themselves with that hydraulic system! :noface:

We got one of the bigger and heavier boats in the club, I believe the biggest is a Chaparall 24-25 ft.

Your not kidding. Holy smokes. Quite the angle it has to launch at as well.

That is quite annoyig because you cant drive on the trailer with the z-drive, with an i/o you can because you still got water, but not on the z-drive so its heavy on the arms.

GT500 MC
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Your winches and straps must be made pretty damn strong to be cranking up 4k lbs....That and have forearms like Popeye.

Quinten
04-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Your winches and straps must be made pretty damn strong to be cranking up 4k lbs....That and have forearms like Popeye.

they need to be replaced, just a temporally solution. Dad is going to purshuse stronger and bigger with out the hooks, so he can't scratch the boat with it :)

Fab
04-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Quite interesting...never seen slipway like yours here in france...guess you can't launch bigger boats over 30ft, the slipway wouldn't resist ?

CruisinGA
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
I would have a 12volt winch if I had to load and unload my boat like that every time.

Quinten
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Quite interesting...never seen slipway like yours here in france...guess you can't launch bigger boats over 30ft, the slipway wouldn't resist ?

I have no idea of that, cause its never tested :)

jakethebt
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow, that is a wild setup.

As for more people making mistakes... maybe it is more like traffic circles or round-abouts vs 4 way stops. Stats show that there are fewer accidents with round-abouts because people are more nervous have to pay closer attention then they do with a 4 way stop. If you think you might dump your boat and rig off the back of the metal ramp, you are bound to pay closer attention!