PDA

View Full Version : West Marine

-V-
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
ok, so today I changed the plugs and finished rebuilding my raw water pump. The set of plugs that I bought for my 210 were the wrong ones. I found this out after I pulled one out and noticed a big differnce. So I called West Marine and they said they could take the pugs back for in store credit but could not get me the correct ones unless I pay a $10 special order fee.....WTH!!!! So I went to Auto Zone, picked up 8 NGK's for less than $20. So now I have to take these other plugs back to West Marine and return them and then have to find something to buy with the money. This is the second and last time I will have a problem with them. My opinion.......West Marine Cleveland Sucks!!!!!!:mad::mad:

jafo9
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
maybe that's why they've been closing stores. we lost ours last year. i didn't shop there much since the prices were super high.

jared205v
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM
i just bought my plugs and cap and rotor from summit racing. plugs $ 1.95 each MSD cap adn rotor $25.00

agua4fun
04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
West marine is always more $, but they do price match. i still try to support them because it is handy having a local store for last min. Issues.

CruisinGA
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not really a big Wal-Mart guy, but the rural ones around here have pretty good marine sections as does Academy Outdoors. Can't ever get much for the MasterCraft at those places, but does OK for the bass boat and my frog gigging/duck boat.

Never had much use for West Marine, limited in store selection and extremely pricey.

JimN
04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
ok, so today I changed the plugs and finished rebuilding my raw water pump. The set of plugs that I bought for my 210 were the wrong ones. I found this out after I pulled one out and noticed a big differnce. So I called West Marine and they said they could take the pugs back for in store credit but could not get me the correct ones unless I pay a $10 special order fee.....WTH!!!! So I went to Auto Zone, picked up 8 NGK's for less than $20. So now I have to take these other plugs back to West Marine and return them and then have to find something to buy with the money. This is the second and last time I will have a problem with them. My opinion.......West Marine Cleveland Sucks!!!!!!:mad::mad:

If you paid with a credit card, they're boned. You can dispute the charge for the return and if they don't post anything in plain sight about the return policy/special order fee, they're boned again.