PDA

View Full Version : Fuse to the Amp???

BigWilson
04-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I took the boat out last week for the first spin of the season. I had to jump the batteries...but I accidentally reversed the terminals then I realized what I had done. The boat started but now the amp has no power to it. I'm assuming I blew a fuse (hopefully). Where would I find the fuse? I have a JL Audio amp (2007 x-15). Or do you think the amp is toast? Thanks!

Cloaked
04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I took the boat out last week for the first spin of the season. I had to jump the batteries...but I accidentally reversed the terminals then I realized what I had done. The boat started but now the amp has no power to it. I'm assuming I blew a fuse (hopefully). Where would I find the fuse? I have a JL Audio amp (2007 x-15). Or do you think the amp is toast? Thanks!
It should be on the hot lead between the amp and the battery (closer to the battery end) OR it may be a terminal block fuse on the hot battery terminal. (for reference and view) ==> http://shop.genuinedealz.com/Items/5176b?&caSKU=5176b&caTitle=Blue%20Sea%20Systems%205176%20Terminal%20F use%2040%20Amp

BigWilson
04-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Found it thanks! Another question... Could that incident affect depth finder? Read out only says "wait".