PDA

View Full Version : ACC-1 wiring

dfield55
04-06-2012, 02:05 AM
I have an MC 2005 X2. There are two leads that when closed turn on rear underwater LEDs. How can I wire them to ACC-1 that has 3 poles so that when I turn the switch On, the LED circuit will close and the led on ACC-1 switch will light?

Currently there is a black wire on the top pole of the ACC-1 switch which I assume is ground and two orange wires to the two poles below which I don't know what they are wired to (if anything).

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

JRW160
04-06-2012, 10:16 AM
My acc1 and acc2 switches had wires under the dash with butt splice connectors on them from the factory. I would assume yours are the same. I think they were labeled, but I can't remember for sure. Just look up under the dash in the big bundle for some blue connectors with wires only coming out of one end.

Acc1 only had 2 positions, and I hooked up my amps to it. Acc2 had 3 positions (on-off-on) and I hooked up a forward bilge pump to it for on-off-auto.

Table Rocker
04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Caveat: I don't have any specific knowledge of your particular boat or this particular switch.

The first thing I would do is determine what the ACC-1 switch is currently controlling. I would be reluctant to unhook the wires and put something else on the switch. Most of us who do our own work have come across some previous owner's "engineering" that has left us scratching our heads. That being said:

I assume the switch has only three positions or tabs for wires. Since the switch has a ground wire, it is probably a lighted switch with an LED in the switch that lights in the "on" position. The black wire (test and make sure it is negative) will stay where it is. The wire going to the load (in this case the underwater lights) would go in the middle position and the 12v supply wire would go on the third tab. If the LED in the switch is on when the switch is off, the two non-black wires are reversed.

dfield55
04-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your advice. It is a light switch with 3 posts. I will try and locate where the other 2 orange wires are running to. When I disconnected the middle orange wire the switch light would no longer come on so I am assuming that it is the power for the that light. I saw another post that had the ACC-1 running the rear lighter socket when on.

I will be able to work with it some more later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

dfield55
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
I meant to say it is a lighted switch. It has a red led that lights when turned on.