PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on color scheme for new X-30

BlakeEatmon
04-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Opinions on this color scheme for my new boat build. My wife likes it all black with the white band around the top of the boat. I like it as pictured.

AZX9
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Buing a boat is so dam hard. You want it so perfect but can't decide. It's wonderful but it also sucks.

hcoog17
04-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Killer whale edition. I like it!

AZX9
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Flake is the best!!

JRW160
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I would go with black for hull 1 and black for deck 1 and 2 if you are set on black and white. I think the black on the deck tends to show scratches more than the white, so that might keep me away from it, but if you can keep it from getting scratched, it looks awesome.

If it were my build, I would go with viper red for hull 3, deck 1, and the designator.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kPDPnFDNOMc/T350BXfZ-hI/AAAAAAAAvTY/awAbwhWtmTQ/s800/x30.jpg

I'm partial to black and red though

BlakeEatmon
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Black and Red looks good too. Show me some more designs guys. May get me out of this design rut i'm in. I thought this would be fun and easy. It sucks!

JRW160
04-06-2012, 01:02 AM
There are worse problems to have. No way you can go wrong on this one :)

501s
04-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Hi Blake. I had a really tough time deciding on colors. I personally like my boats a little flashy. On my last boat I had a black Gel Coat interior and I loved the look. I think it just looks richer. I am very partial to blue but on this boat I decided to go with Orange and Black. Mastercraft's Blue is nice but I prefer the lighter Blue Moomba and Malibu use. But I think the Orange/Black combo we ordered is going to look really good. Here is a pic.

BlakeEatmon
04-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Blake. I had a really tough time deciding on colors. I personally like my boats a little flashy. On my last boat I had a black Gel Coat interior and I loved the look. I think it just looks richer. I am very partial to blue but on this boat I decided to go with Orange and Black. Mastercraft's Blue is nice but I prefer the lighter Blue Moomba and Malibu use. But I think the Orange/Black combo we ordered is going to look really good. Here is a pic.

I really like the black interior but I am worried about it showing scratches and also getting hot. Did you have issues with that?

JohnE
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
I had a black interior on my 05 197 and it is difficult to keep looking great. Especially where the cushions sit on the deck. Granted you don't see it but it bugged me. You will have to be fanatical with how you use it.

willyt
04-06-2012, 09:02 AM
The killer whale edition looks dirty - would be sweet with a carbon white + black interior too

scott023
04-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Like outlets have said, the black is tough to keep clean on the interior, but I like the exterior combo.

501s
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
The black may be a little tougher to keep clean, but I just think it looks so much better that it was never an issue. I also made sure to whipe the boat down with boat bling EVERYTIME we used my Moomba and when we sold it she looked almost new even though it had 400 hrs in 4 years. We also live in Canada where heat isn't an issue, heck we need as much as possible.

I mean it is all personal preference but I've always thought the colored or black top deck just looks more original/unique. Every boat from a Bayliner to a MC has white top deck Gel coats but colored top decks don't come with run abouts or even some $60k entry level wakeboard boats. In the end you may have to clean it a little more often but i found that just meant i took better care of the boat.

yeahmooney
04-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I think the black and white looks sweet!

CantRepeat
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Where are you guys getting the build a boat X30 picks from?

501s
04-06-2012, 03:22 PM
If you just go to the MC main website and choose the "Design a Boat 2012", the X-30 is in there as an option.

broncotw
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I kinda like the Shamu graphics!

Heelgrad
04-06-2012, 03:44 PM
The only thing I can't figure out is that the green and white X30 on the MC home page has an additional color option/accent stripe on the main hull that the design a boat doesn't let you do. I'm wondering if they took that extra color accent off the design or if that was a custom gel coat one because the boat on the home page looks better than what you can do on DAB. Amazing what one little additional accent stripe can do to change the look of a boat.

CantRepeat
04-06-2012, 04:10 PM
If you just go to the MC main website and choose the "Design a Boat 2012", the X-30 is in there as an option.

Yup, it is. I was clicking on the drop down at the top of the page. DOH!

pmkkdx
04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
to each their own ... in growing up in the heat of central TX, I am not overly fond of any type of darker colors on vehicles or boats, but that's me. Yes, they look really nice IF you keep them clean, but that would be tough around here with the lime/calcium in our water. Sharp looking none the less, just not for me. I really do like the one directly above with the Canadian Blue Flake/Silver flake!

Captain Fronk
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Black Looks great - Issues could occure… it is getting HOT and depending on the water it is hard to Keep looking clean

bjames
04-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Hey 501, I saw a very similar 2012 X30 sporting an identical color scheme in Martin Motorsports service bay getting PDI'd last week. Any chance this is yours? Up close in the orange was absolutly gorgeous.

501s
04-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Bjames, I wish it was mine, but I don't think it's even been started yet.

They had an almost identical X-30 on order for stock, just a little different (Still orange and black)with other options so I would imagine that it was that boat. I was a little nervous to go orange so I'm glad to hear how good it looked.

You must be really looking forward to taking out the new X-25!

bjames
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Bjames, I wish it was mine, but I don't think it's even been started yet.

They had an almost identical X-30 on order for stock, just a little different (Still orange and black)with other options so I would imagine that it was that boat. I was a little nervous to go orange so I'm glad to hear how good it looked.

You must be really looking forward to taking out the new X-25!

Actually your correct, just remembered that the girl there did say it was for stock as it had a ZFT4 tower. I was told that for this year, orange is the new black.

Cant wait to take delivery... :worthy: praying that to ice melts quickly so they can do the lake test.

BlakeEatmon
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
The only thing I can't figure out is that the green and white X30 on the MC home page has an additional color option/accent stripe on the main hull that the design a boat doesn't let you do. I'm wondering if they took that extra color accent off the design or if that was a custom gel coat one because the boat on the home page looks better than what you can do on DAB. Amazing what one little additional accent stripe can do to change the look of a boat.

They took that option away recently. It was on all of the early x30's. They either had an issue with it or it was too expensive to that way. Who knows, but it sure looks better with that option.

Heelgrad
04-10-2012, 12:05 AM
They took that option away recently. It was on all of the early x30's. They either had an issue with it or it was too expensive to that way. Who knows, but it sure looks better with that option.

Interesting. Yes it definitely sets the color design off more with the additional stripe but there was probably quite a bit of additional cost/labor to get that done that way. Too bad cause I can only imagine the amount of cool additional color options if they we're still letting folks design them that way.