PDA

View Full Version : LED Lighting???

skeeler
08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone had some pictures or information on DIY LED Interior lighting? Thought it would be cool to have LEDs in the speaker grills and under the dash. Let me know....Thanks, Shawn

RobertT
08-15-2005, 11:53 AM
I just bought 12 LED clusters, and installed them.

It was a very quick install, about an hour (although I did use the existing curtesy light circuit that was already powering the stock LED cluster under the gunnels.

I put three of the clusters (6 LEDs in each) in the gunnel area on each side. One under the dash to shine down. One in each vent in the back to shine through the vent and down onto the swim platform. Then two up front to light the bow.

Its a very soft light, perfect to use just sitting around.

I paid 6 bucks each for the LED clusters, and they came with 6' of wire and an inline fuse with each one.

ski_king
08-15-2005, 11:53 AM
I believe AprGriggs has her boat tricked out with them.

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=825&cat=500&ppuser=398

gr8smiles
08-15-2005, 11:57 AM
My x-star came with them in the speakers and thru out the interior...I will try to get some pics this weekend...it is some fun 'bling'

erkoehler
08-15-2005, 12:50 PM
I just bought 12 LED clusters, and installed them.

It was a very quick install, about an hour (although I did use the existing curtesy light circuit that was already powering the stock LED cluster under the gunnels.

I put three of the clusters (6 LEDs in each) in the gunnel area on each side. One under the dash to shine down. One in each vent in the back to shine through the vent and down onto the swim platform. Then two up front to light the bow.

Its a very soft light, perfect to use just sitting around.

I paid 6 bucks each for the LED clusters, and they came with 6' of wire and an inline fuse with each one.

Is there a link to where you got them?

DanC
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Lots of info and pictures on LED installs in this forum if you use the search function.

April posted this, it might help

http://www.owllighting.com/mastercraft/install.pdf

Ric
08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some pictures or information on DIY LED Interior lighting? Thought it would be cool to have LEDs in the speaker grills and under the dash. Let me know....Thanks, Shawn
Great Idea Skeeler!
cluster lighting on the honeys whilst taking nightime swimsuit pics!

skeeler
08-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Great Idea Skeeler!
cluster lighting on the honeys whilst taking nightime swimsuit pics!

You know me to well.......tommorrow night I should have a boat full. Look for pictures later in the week. :D

JEREMY79
08-16-2005, 10:56 AM
skeeler, you dont need lights. they may distract you from picture taking ;)

skeeler
08-16-2005, 02:40 PM
skeeler, you dont need lights. they may distract you from picture taking ;)

Very true...

For all you wiring geeks out there; I just wanted to make sure I had the wiring correct before I go to the install phase. All the LEDs are 2.5volt, add the current provided will be 12volt. Is the wiring digram I made below correct?

jdeml
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
get all leds from oznium or ebay prewired

jdeml
03-14-2011, 10:43 PM

did one in purple uv and one in yellow. depending on the mood:)