PDA

View Full Version : Whats your loading procedures

6ballsisall
08-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Ok, whos the most particular about their boat after loading on the trailer from a day of skiing:

Heres mine:

1. Wipe entire boat down before it dries with synthetic chamois
2. Throw away all trash
3. Remove drain plug
4. Wipe down interior
5. Pull it home
6. Put cover on

peason
08-15-2005, 10:16 AM
A couple of things I do in addition to your list;
1. Wipe exterior down with a vinegar/water solution to get the hard water spots off.
2. Lift and wipe down seat cushions to get rid of any excess water - so I don't get mildew stains.
3. I pull my boat into garage and open the back hatches, and lift the seat cushions out to let them dry out.
4. Put fan in boat to dry out floor. Leave uncovered to let air circulate - since it's in protected in the garage.

JEREMY79
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
here is mine. I love living close to the lake.

Put boat on trailer.
chunk all sh*t from the day in the floor
go home
take shower
eat supper
go back to boat, clean inside
wash boat (if it needs it)
put boat up

Crash
08-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Saturday I had to remove empty beer cans...:mad: Boat etiquette #1 take your empties with you...regardless who drank them!:)

My process is very similar to yours except I don't use a chamois and I don't take a shower (just got cleaned from the lake ;) ).

PS Jrandol, your avitar is confusing me...MarkP

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Here is my procedure:

1. get one drunken friend to get my truck and back trailer into ramp.
2. Drunken friend backs truck into dock, then pulls forward -(no damge at this time. )
3. drunken friend then gets nervous and overcorrects and jacknifes trailer the other way nearly hitting a dog.
4. drunken friend, tries 3 more times to get trailer into lake, preferably on the ramp. trailer is now sort of on the ramp, and truck is crooked. Looks like a deranged mental patient trying to load a boat.
5. Drunken friend walks in lake to set Boat buddy as he forgot to do that on dry land. drunken friend insists on having a chew of tobacco at this point.
6. Me being sober, I drive boat onto trailer, boat buddy grabs boat. I put safety strap on. I get back in boat.
7. drunken friend pulls boat out of lake, parks truck in middle of launch.
8. I move truck if other boaters are present.
9. Drunken friends want to leave NOW.
11. I throw all empty beer cans out on the ground making the drunken friends pick them up as they wont pick them up from the boat floot, but they will from the ground.
12. I get dry clothes on. Pull drain plug, shut batt switch off.
13. round up drunken friends from where ever they wandered off to.
14. I make sure boat/trailer is secure and ready to go. LIghts....etc..
15. we leave marina.
16. return home, back boat in garage.
17. pull all wetsuits, wet clothes, wet towels, wet PFDs,anything wet out of boat and hang on boat to dry with big fan in garage. boat looks like a chinese laundry.
18. Drunken friends raid my fridge for whatever beer is there. or raid liquor cabinet.
19. drunken friends leave.

all a good day on the lake. :toast: :D

Crash
08-15-2005, 10:52 AM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :toast: .

bigmac
08-15-2005, 11:06 AM
My boat just goes in the lift and crank it up.

I do usually wipe down the vinyl with some 303 or Meguiar's because even though I'm not a lawyer I'm still afraid of getting pink-stained upholstery.

Cary K.
08-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I also live really close to the lake.

Boat on trailer
Wipe down interior & exterior
Drive home
Collapse tower
Hang up vests
Put boards on wall racks
Open rear hatches
If it is cloudy, put in garage
If nice, leave out to let dry carpet/air out
Repeat daily

Maristar210
08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm still laughing at UMP's post.

You forgot "drunk friend wanders off to hit on what appears to be hot chick" when she is actually a sixty five year old, wrinkled trailer queen with a Kool hanging from her mouth... :toast: :friday

Mine is:

1 Wakeboard and play all day, then pull boat out.
2 Drive 500 yards and back up boat
3 Remove everything wet and wipe the hull with V&W
4 Drop the tower and slowly back in the garage, clearing it by and inch or less
5 Raise the tower
6 Wipe down the interior and stand all cushins on end to dry
7 Stand in front of fan intended to circulate air in garage
8 Enjoy copius amounts of fermented hops and barley
9 Repeat often

Steve ;)

MarkP
08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Boat on trailer
Wipe down interior & exterior
Drive home

Hang up vests

If it is cloudy, put in garage
If nice, leave out to let dry carpet/air out

RobertT
08-15-2005, 11:37 AM
1. Drive into lift
2. Push the UP button.
3. Open more beer, turn radio up louder.
4. Have kids give it a quick interior wipe down (about 20% of the time).
5. Drink another beer.
6. Grab man purse and walk up into the lake bath and get naked.
7. Rinse off so I have a chance to get lucky.
8. Drink another beer.

This is our plan only in the early AM. After work, for the evening set, we are not so regimented.

erkoehler
08-15-2005, 12:23 PM
1. Pull to dock at Ramp
2. Take off Fly High
3. Take off boom
4. Walk to truck
5. Set boat buddy.
6. Back truck in to ramp.
7. If Rockman is with, he drives boat on trailer otherwise, I go to get boat and put on trailer.
8. Pull out boat.
9. Throw all clothes, towels, other persons gear, garbage, and misc. crap on ground or bow.
10. Wipe down exterior w/ vinegar and water
11. Wipe down interior.
12. Apply 303 protectant.
13. Pull plug
14. Stow boom and Fly High under bow
15. Coil poorly coiled ropes
16. Hook up lights
17. Remove platform and stow in boat
18. Hook up transom straps.
19. Hook up winch stap
20. Drive home.

08-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Steve,

I see you have similar freinds to mine! :friday: :uglyhamme

Yea, I did forget that one. In fact, last time we were out, Drunken Friend #1 kept remarking(loudly, so everyone in the marina could hear) how HOT the chick on the pontoon boat loading infront of us was. He wasnt as taken by her beauty though.....her looks were less than perfect to him. he said:"man, do you see that HOT chick in front of us?, look at the bod on her, shes unbelieveable, but she has a face like a catchers mit." :uglyhamme as the whole marina looks at him with the :eek: look on their face.

Talk about embarrasing but funny. he was drunk and didnt care.

Granite_33
08-15-2005, 12:43 PM
#1 Drive the boat onto the lift.
#2 Unload gear.
#3 Flip the switch on the lift......listen to the little motor that could....lift the boat.
#4 Look at the boat and think........I need to wipe it down.
#5 Walk into the house for a beer and sandwich.
#6 Return to porch eating the sandwich....drinking the beer........
#7 Look at the boat and think.........I need to wipe it down.
#8 Get another beer.
#9 Repeat #8 until its too dark to wipe down boat...........

erkoehler
08-15-2005, 12:45 PM
LMAO!! Thats to funny, guess it doesn't get wiped down very often....

Crash
08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
After reading these posts...my process was like Erk's but now I kill engine and coast up to pier...within' 25 feet I jump out and walk it up to pier. No need to tie up cause keels are sitting on bottom. Back trailer down, walk boat onto trailer, wench it up, then proceed with wipedowns etc.

No more driving up:(...lake is down 3 feet and not worth paying for prop repairs.

04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
IN ther spirit of stevo diggin up old threads, I had to go get this one out to dust it off. I thought of a few more steps to my procedure!

I will include the originals first

1. get one drunken friend to get my truck and back trailer into ramp.
2. Drunken friend backs truck into dock, then pulls forward -(no damge at this time. )
3. drunken friend then gets nervous and overcorrects and jacknifes trailer the other way nearly hitting a dog.
4. drunken friend, tries 3 more times to get trailer into lake, preferably on the ramp. trailer is now sort of on the ramp, and truck is crooked. Looks like a deranged mental patient trying to load a boat.
5. Drunken friend walks in lake to set Boat buddy as he forgot to do that on dry land. drunken friend insists on having a chew of tobacco at this point.
6. Me being sober, I drive boat onto trailer, boat buddy grabs boat. I put safety strap on. I get back in boat.
7. drunken friend pulls boat out of lake, parks truck in middle of launch.
8. I move truck if other boaters are present.
9. Drunken friends want to leave NOW.
11. I throw all empty beer cans out on the ground making the drunken friends pick them up as they wont pick them up from the boat floot, but they will from the ground. go figure.
12. I get dry clothes on. Pull drain plug, shut batt switch off.
13. round up drunken friends from where ever they wandered off to.
14. I make sure boat/trailer is secure and ready to go. LIghts....etc..
15. we leave marina. drunken friends hollaring obscenities at people.
16. return home, back boat in garage.
17. pull all wetsuits, wet clothes, wet towels, wet PFDs,anything wet out of boat and hang on boat to dry with big fan in garage. boat looks like a chinese laundry.
17a. drunken friends pee outside in the alley by the garage.
18. Drunken friends raid my fridge for whatever beer is there. or raid liquor cabinet.
19. Drunken Mayor decides its funny to sneak into garage, put on his PFD and go in back yard and dive into swimming pool. Drunken friends 2 and 3 throw empty beer cans at him. drunken friend #3 breaks UMP's nice lawn furniture. Drunken Friend #2 laughs at him. UMP decides its time to drink white russians.
20. SOber Ms. UMP gets home from airport very late to find the now drunken UMP and his drunken friends agrivating friendly neighbors at midnight. Unimpressed Ms. UMP attempts to converse with drunken friend #2. Drunken friend #3 dont care that Ms UMP is present, and strips to his skivies and dives in to pool. Mayor gets freaked out being in pool with Drunken Friend #3 while in skivies, and exits pool. Mayor then comes to visiti with UMP, Ms. UMP and drunken freind #2 while still wearing PFD. Mayors puppy is "fertilizing" UMP's garden. Mayor's sister who lives up the street, hears ruckus, and comes to see whats going on. Everyone offers her alcohol. She declines and goes home to send her husband down to drink and visit. drunken husband shows up and feeds stuff to mayors puppy.

drunken friends leave.

JR34
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
1. Pull to dock at Ramp
2. Take off Fly High
3. Take off boom
4. Walk to truck
5. Set boat buddy.
6. Back truck in to ramp.
7. If Rockman is with, he drives boat on trailer otherwise, I go to get boat and put on trailer.
8. Pull out boat.
9. Throw all clothes, towels, other persons gear, garbage, and misc. crap on ground or bow.
10. Wipe down exterior w/ vinegar and water
11. Wipe down interior.
12. Apply 303 protectant.
13. Pull plug
14. Stow boom and Fly High under bow
15. Coil poorly coiled ropes
16. Hook up lights
17. Remove platform and stow in boat
18. Hook up transom straps.
19. Hook up winch stap
20. Drive home.

anyone else tow with the platform removed? why does it need to be removed?

TMCNo1
04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
-Wipe the boat and trailer down in the tiedown area with towels we used that day
-Tighten winch
-Take the trip stuff out of the boat and put in the van
-Tow home and park on the incline of the driveway to allow the trailer carpet to drain of all the water
-I wipe everything, van and boat down again with a damp towel
-Lynn wipes down the interior, furniture polishes the dash, dustbusts and cleans the windows and checks the fluids
-I apply protectant to everything that gets it
-Back it in the basement and put her to bed
---------------45 minutes max.

Leroy
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Set boat buddy before pulling boat on.

east tx skier
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
anyone else tow with the platform removed? why does it need to be removed?

Not me. But to each his own.

M-Funf
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
1. Back trailer down ramp
2. Drive or pull boat onto trailer
3. Kill the engine
4. Clip the front
5. Pull part way up ramp
6. Pull plug and let most of the water drain
7. Pull to prep area
8. Give towels to guests for wipe down
8a. Empty boat of trash while they wipe down
9. Drop bimini and secure
10. Put on gunnel strap
11. Plug trailer into tow vehicle (if I had one :( )
12. Secure all gear
13. Drive home
14. Unload gear and stow
15. Park boat in barn/garage and cover
:D

Sodar
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Lakehouse:
Back the trailer down 30' on our personal ramp
Load the boat
Pull the boat 70' to the garage
Soap down the boat and trailer
Dry the boat and trailer
Dry down the interior
Pull the cushions
Turn on the ceiling fan
Close the garage door

River:
Drive 300 yards from my trailer (mobile home) to the park's public ramp
Wait in line while some yahoo tries to figure our how to put his boat on the trailer with a current
Pull the boat back to the trailer (mobile home)
Wipe the boat and trailer down with Distilled Vinegar and Distilled Water
Wipe the interior down and open the engine hatches, coolers and seats to air them out
Pick up trash in the boat
Pull the cooler out of the boat so we can drink on the patio

Sodar
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
-Lynn wipes down the interior, furniture polishes the dash, dustbusts and cleans the windows and checks the fluids

Harold, What does she use on your dash? I was noticing in another thread that you dash looks brand new, but does not have that greasy and shiny sheen that protectant gives it. Let me in on your secret!!

04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Harold, What does she use on your dash? I was noticing in another thread that you dash looks brand new, but does not have that greasy and shiny sheen that protectant gives it. Let me in on your secret!!
Lets just say that Skidog's feathered friend might have something to do with that;) 8p

Slinkyredfoot
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Throw the stuff in the boat, launch it, have a bunch of fun all day and into the night, pull it out and crash...I promise to clean it off later...

TMCNo1
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM
On the black fiberglass portion, Pledge, sprayed on a rag and applied, then buffed off.
On the vinyl portion, about twice a year, I used Armor-All or 303. It soaks into the vinyl after about 6 hours, other than that, just a damp towel.

TMCNo1
04-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Lets just say that Skidog's feathered friend might have something to do with that;) 8p

Peacock pee only works as a electrical contact cleaner, I know!

JKTX21
04-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Peacock pee only works as a electrical contact cleaner, I know!

Surprisingly it's also a great steak seasoning.

I have no boat loading routine. Depends on which one of my jackass friends is backing the trailer. The last buddy I took out... I gave him an awesome lesson on how to back trailers before we went out.

So I drop him off with the utmost confidence he's got it under control. He backs the trailer down and got the trailer wheels all the way to the water and then stopped. There was a cabin cruiser doing some maintenance (also known as screwing around on the boat ramp). So he thinks he can't back in while they are in the other lane. Meanwhile I'm fuming in the boat circling the boat (with Flight of the Bumblebee in the back of my mind). So finally I drive almost onto the ramp and scream at the top of my lungs, "The bleepity trailer has to be in the water to put the boat on!"

And I look to my right, and a nice looking family is on the dock with young children, jaws dropped looking at me. I smiled and waved. :D

I am putting out some top notch boat people these days though thanks to another MC owner showing me the ropes.

Sodar
04-12-2007, 11:56 PM
On the vinyl portion, about twice a year, I used Armor-All or 303. It soaks into the vinyl after about 6 hours, other than that, just a damp towel.

Maybe I am just applying the 303 too often... I hate the greasy look that it leaves, plus that grease attracts dust and crap in the little crevices. I guess I will just have to test out new methods for myself!

sand2snow22
04-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Harold, I'm more of a visual person, can you take pics of your wipe down procedure someday. :) Thanks in advance......

erkoehler
04-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Cameron, I have a replacement product for 303, you won't have the bad results you just mentioned. We just ordered 10 gallons of this new protectant from Bio-Kleen.

You can try it out if we get some in before the 27th.

TX.X-30 fan
04-13-2007, 12:18 AM
My boat just goes in the lift and crank it up.

I do usually wipe down the vinyl with some 303 or Meguiar's because even though I'm not a lawyer I'm still afraid of getting pink-stained upholstery.

Be careful there Bigmac, your post will never see the light of day. :D

PS Which is it 303 or Meguiars, there is a substantial difference in cost when you use SPACE AGE TECHNOLOGY ;)

TX.X-30 fan
04-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Surprisingly it's also a great steak seasoning.

I have no boat loading routine. Depends on which one of my jackass friends is backing the trailer. The last buddy I took out... I gave him an awesome lesson on how to back trailers before we went out.

So I drop him off with the utmost confidence he's got it under control. He backs the trailer down and got the trailer wheels all the way to the water and then stopped. There was a cabin cruiser doing some maintenance (also known as screwing around on the boat ramp). So he thinks he can't back in while they are in the other lane. Meanwhile I'm fuming in the boat circling the boat (with Flight of the Bumblebee in the back of my mind). So finally I drive almost onto the ramp and scream at the top of my lungs, "The bleepity trailer has to be in the water to put the boat on!"

And I look to my right, and a nice looking family is on the dock with young children, jaws dropped looking at me. I smiled and waved. :D

I am putting out some top notch boat people these days though thanks to another MC owner showing me the ropes.

I like the stories about your buddies, very funny stuff. Keep em coming! :D :D

TMCNo1
04-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Harold, I'm more of a visual person, can you take pics of your wipe down procedure someday. :) Thanks in advance......

Now that's top secret. There are some tricks, but I has to do more with the quality of the water you use to wipe down with than the actual wiping. All I can say is at this point is the water has to be wet!

TMCNo1
04-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Be careful there Bigmac, your post will never see the light of day. :D

PS Which is it 303 or Meguiars, there is a substantial difference in cost when you use SPACE AGE TECHNOLOGY ;)
I found "Space Age Techology" type waxes only helps when your boat is being transported on the Space Shuttle.