PDA

View Full Version : Connelly Big Daddy Ski-Used Once

bhasser
04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I bought this ski for my father-in-law, he tried it once and decided his skiing days were over. Here is the info on it from the website. $350 new, looking for best $ offer or trade for a kneeboard, located in Green Bay, WI buyer pays actual shipping costs or arrange to pick up.

Connelly Big Daddy Slalom Ski with Adjustable Binding and Rear Toe Strap

The Big Daddy features all the length and width you could ever need with over 550 square inches of total surface area! This ski was engineered for the super-sized guy in mind. The over 220 lb skier will appreciate the surface area and design that will let them cruise the lake in style. The wide tip and tail, combined with the C.T.S. (Connelly Tracking System) allows for effortless and stable deep water starts and a forgiving ride at speeds 28 mph and under. We are so confident that the big guy’s will love this ski that we back the Big Daddy with the Performance Guarantee.

Construction: C.A.P.T. (Connelly Advanced Profile Technology), fiberglass wrap, high gloss PBT top, closed cell polyurethane resin core, hand tuned Acrylam base.

bhasser
04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Looking for $125 cash or trade for a kneeboard for my son. Would also consider trade for other items of equal value.

FrankSchwab
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
We've got one in the boat, and it's great for:
1. Teaching. New skiers pop right up, and we can pull them a lot slower.
2. Reintroductions. People who haven't skiied in (mumble, mumble) years and aren't real confident love it because they pop right up.

The amazing thing about these skis is how well they ski - it may look like you're skiing on a wakeboard, but when you're on it there's no doubt that you've got a ski under you.

I'd buy it off you for that much as a gift to a friend who takes a lot of people out on his boat and is always borrowing mine, but shipping to Phoenix would probably be prohibitive. Good luck - someone will come by looking for it.

/frank

CruisinGA
04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Put it on ski it again and use lots of descriptive words in the ad. They will leave your ad up forever, great for slow moving items.

jafo9
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
i sent you a pm

bhasser
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I have received quite a few requests for shipping costs estimates. I am not an expert on shipping these items and I am not sure what it would cost. My zip is 54155, I will gladly package the ski properly and ship it either USPS or UPS. The ski is 67" long I believe and if you put in 12" by 12" by 70" and weight of 15 pounds and your zip code you should be able to calculate the shipping costs. If you have a better way of of shipping please let me know I would be happy to accomodate the lowest cost method for you.

madcityskier
04-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I think you will find that it's 69". Do you ever get down to Madison? If so, we could avoid the shipping and I may be interested. Any pics of the ski?

bhasser
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't have any pictures as it is in storage. I will try and get some later this week. I occasionally get to Madison, could meet in Menasha this weekend if interesed.

JohnA
04-24-2012, 06:35 AM
is this ski still available?

bhasser
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
It is still available.

BrooksfamX2
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I have one that I would like to sell if the origonal is not available. Used 3 times and in great condition. about 4 years old.

PM me if interested.

I see the original is still available. Please contact the OP. I will wait for another request.......

bhasser
05-22-2012, 09:44 PM
sold!

Bluccous
07-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I have one that I would like to sell if the origonal is not available. Used 3 times and in great condition. about 4 years old.

PM me if interested.

I see the original is still available. Please contact the OP. I will wait for another request.......

Do you still have the big daddy ski? If so how much are you asking...

thrasher68
08-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I bought this ski for my father-in-law, he tried it once and decided his skiing days were over. Here is the info on it from the website. $350 new, looking for best $ offer or trade for a kneeboard, located in Green Bay, WI buyer pays actual shipping costs or arrange to pick up.

Connelly Big Daddy Slalom Ski with Adjustable Binding and Rear Toe Strap

The Big Daddy features all the length and width you could ever need with over 550 square inches of total surface area! This ski was engineered for the super-sized guy in mind. The over 220 lb skier will appreciate the surface area and design that will let them cruise the lake in style. The wide tip and tail, combined with the C.T.S. (Connelly Tracking System) allows for effortless and stable deep water starts and a forgiving ride at speeds 28 mph and under. We are so confident that the big guy’s will love this ski that we back the Big Daddy with the Performance Guarantee.

Construction: C.A.P.T. (Connelly Advanced Profile Technology), fiberglass wrap, high gloss PBT top, closed cell polyurethane resin core, hand tuned Acrylam base.

Hi i'm new to this site and not sure how i'm suppose to reply to these Quotes. I have an O'brien kneeboard that I would like to see someone get a lot more use out of. It's red with black pad and knee strap. My boys are too into the wakeboards and never use the kneeboard anymore. I grew up water skiing and now that i'm 44 and much heavier than in my younger years i can't get up on the old skis anymore and need the wide ski. I only wish they could have come up with a better name for it, since i'm female it's hard to swallow that the ski for me is called Big Daddy!!!! Not sure if i can post my email and phone number but here goes... laurie.thrasher@yahoo.com 208-740-0430

thrasher68
08-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi i'm new to this site and not sure how i'm suppose to reply to these Quotes. I have an O'brien kneeboard that I would like to see someone get a lot more use out of. It's red with black pad and knee strap. My boys are too into the wakeboards and never use the kneeboard anymore. I grew up water skiing and now that i'm 44 and much heavier than in my younger years i can't get up on the old skis anymore and need the wide ski. I only wish they could have come up with a better name for it, since i'm female it's hard to swallow that the ski for me is called Big Daddy!!!! Not sure if i can post my email and phone number but here goes... laurie.thrasher@yahoo.com 208-740-0430 Well i'm a few letter short of the quota for quotes hopefully this should do it.

thrasher68
08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi would like to do some trading with you. Boys don't use the kneeboard now days. I'm much heavier than in my young skiing days and need a wide ski if i'm going to be able to ski anymore. When i've tried and failed with old skis it makes me so sad. Need this big daddy badly. I'm 44 with plenty of skiing left in me and would love to strike a deal with you. Email me at laurie.thrasher@yahoo 208 740 0430

BrooksfamX2
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi would like to do some trading with you. Boys don't use the kneeboard now days. I'm much heavier than in my young skiing days and need a wide ski if i'm going to be able to ski anymore. When i've tried and failed with old skis it makes me so sad. Need this big daddy badly. I'm 44 with plenty of skiing left in me and would love to strike a deal with you. Email me at laurie.thrasher@yahoo 208 740 0430

I have a Big Daddy for sale. Used only about 5-6 times but do not need another kneeboard.

I have moved to wakesurfing and wakeskis as my primary activities.

I am in Oregon. I see you are in the PNW.

gts-20
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a Big Daddy for sale. Used only about 5-6 times but do not need another kneeboard.

I have moved to wakesurfing and wakeskis as my primary activities.

I am in Oregon. I see you are in the PNW.

BrooksfamX2,

I sent you a PM about this.....

hhtackle
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I am interested in big daddy skiis. I need the big binding for size 14eee feet. please contact me. thanks

gweaver
09-08-2013, 04:23 PM
hhtackle- you might check ski-it-again.com (http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom), I just bought a Big Daddy from someone on that website. Craigslist is also helpful. SearchTempest (http://www.searchtempest.com/) will let you seach CL in multiple cities and states as well as ebay.

I know it's not a Big Daddy, but there's a Big Easy (http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=24799) on Ski-it-again. This one is about 60 miles away from me, I was thinking about making an offer on it, until I found the Big Daddy.

CL search yielded these three results for the Big Daddy: $100 in Flagstaff, AZ (http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/spo/4023497913.html) and $290, Houston, TX (http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/3992914813.html) and $200 near Boston, MA (http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/spo/4005934990.html).
G