PDA

View Full Version : Dallas tornados

Jerseydave
04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I see that some nasty tornados went through Dallas today.
They showed a video of a tractor trailer flying through the air like a toy!

Everyone OK?

tex
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
We just got a good soaking but others got their world rocked!

learjet2230
04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Yep!...Safe down here in Granbury (SW of Ft. Worth). I left work at 11am (DFW Airport)....I knew it was coming. People were giving me a bunch of crap. Turns out about 3 hrs later they were all evacuated to the basement while a tornado was 2 miles SE of them and "Hen Egg" hail destroyed their cars in the parking lot. One lady lost her sunroof. That pales in comparision to some of the homes lost. Lancaster, Burleson, Kennedale, Arlington, and Forney got some pretty good damage. Haven't heard of any casulties or lost lives....which is actually incredible. I watched it all live on Ch8 (WFAA for links) via the helicopter. Unbelievable footage!! Hope all Texas peeps and/or their families are safe. Check in guys!!

03 35th Anniversary
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Daughter went through a tornado drill today at school. Said she had to stay like that for 25 minutes.

Got a bunch of nasty wind and rain around town but no tornados.

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 09:49 PM
We're getting the tail end of it here right now. Lots of rain and lightening, but nothing too much more than that. Fingers crossed.

ncsone
04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
The last I heard the tally was up to 27 tornadoes and 5 people injured. It was an interesting sight seeing everything turn to darkness at 3 in the afternoon. As of 5P, DFW and DAL were in a ground stop with no flights in or out through the rest of the night due to significant hail damage to the aircraft. I have never heard of a major airport being shut down that long before.

scott023
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
That was a scary situation. Hope everyone is ok.