PDA

View Full Version : Hangin' 1997 Prostar 190

tideengineer
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Alright guys...I'm back...boat has been de-winterized and hit the water last weekend for a test run. My next project is hangin the boat in the boat house. I would rather it not sit on rails and use straps or something similiar. When I had my 1979 Ski Nautique I lifted the sucker directly up from the front and rear hooks. Anyone got some good direction on this?

As always, thanks...this is an awesome place...I'm pumped.

CantRepeat
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Alright guys...I'm back...boat has been de-winterized and hit the water last weekend for a test run. My next project is hangin the boat in the boat house. I would rather it not sit on rails and use straps or something similiar. When I had my 1979 Ski Nautique I lifted the sucker directly up from the front and rear hooks. Anyone got some good direction on this?

As always, thanks...this is an awesome place...I'm pumped.

As the warning labels say, long term suspension of the boat by the lifting hooks is NOT recommended.

tideengineer
04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
i was always nervous with my old boat...currently my boat house already is setup for straps (dad's fishing boat which is being kicked out and put on a trailer). I would like to redo the bracing and spacing.

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
i was always nervous with my old boat...currently my boat house already is setup for straps (dad's fishing boat which is being kicked out and put on a trailer). I would like to redo the bracing and spacing.

Long story short, a Ski Nautique's lifting rings are designed for long term storage. a MasterCraft's are only for temporary lifting. You can do straps with the proper spacing (the manual should mention this. Might be a bit of a pain considering the prop shaft, but it can be done.

tideengineer
04-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks skier...i will search for a manual for the spacing. the front of the slip is too shallow for a frame-type system. I actually use to have to get rid of some sand every year...(in the Nautique days.)