PDA

View Full Version : Looking to mount speaker cans on my 2008 mini tower

93Prostar190
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey guys .... below I have a few low quality pics of some speaker cans I picked up over the winter months. I am trying to mount them to my 2008 Mini-Tower that has the 4 pre-built housings at the bottom of the tower. It feels like I need the adapter that some many people mention in other threads ...

So here are 3 pics ...
1. Just the can and opening.
2. The can with the housing piece that came with it that I believe helps to mount it to a 2007 style tower.
3. The "nub" on my 2008 mini-tower with the cover still on it.... 4 hex bolts hold the cover.

Do you think I need the adapter? or am I missing something obvious? any guidance is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

rgardjr1
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I believe those cans probably came off an 2004 era X-Star. The newer cans that mount to your tower have a smaller hole with more chamfer. There is a piece that replaces the cover you have on your tower mounts right now. This auction shows the newer style cans and the mounting pieces that bolts up to your tower: Newer Style Cans (http://www.ebay.com/itm/110791863890) I think this auction has the piece that was used to mount the cans you have to the tower back in '04-'05 Older Style Tower Mount (http://www.ebay.com/itm/400288862424) To use this you'd probably need to drill holes in your tower because I don't think they'd work work your towers mounting points. I know that on my 2006 the tower cans were bolted directly to the tower. One large hole was drilled in the top and two smaller holes drilled in the bottom. A large allen head bolt was dropped down from the top and the head portion stayed inside the tube. The bolt went into the can and a nylock nut held the cans on the tower. Good luck!

93Prostar190
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Rgardjr1, thanks for the data .... I have reached out to my dealer, I may end up going to a welder, fabricator to get a bracket made, I will post an update.

Anyone else know of any adapters? Thank you.