PDA

View Full Version : 1998 ProStar

Dawg 1
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Anyone have a good price range for a clean 1998 ProStar. Has the LT1 vette motor. 380 hours clocked. Bone stock and without a cover. Interior and exterior are almost new in appearance.

east tx skier
04-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Anniversary boat or regular?

Jerseydave
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Here's one for sale in MS with only 90 hours? How can that be, I put more than that on my boat each year!
Anyway, my guess would be between $12K and $15K in really good condition.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=32508

Are you talking Prostar 190 or 205?

gotta_ski
04-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I paid 12.5k for my 1998 190 LT-1, bought in October 2010. It had 500 hours on it, cheap liquid audio tower (pretty ugly design), and was pretty clean, but had some wear points here and there. Buying in the fall definitely saved me a chunk of change.

If its very clean I would say 13.5 to 15k depending on options and how bad the seller wants it gone. Even 15.5 to 16 isn't unreasonable for a near perfect example I would think.

east tx skier
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
They (the 98 190) will tend to run mid teens tops unless we're talking about an anniversary boat. Since no one else has mentioned it, I guess I have to take the bullet, so to speak. These boats come with a back story. It's not a popular topic to be sure. And it's not to say that they aren't good boats for the money. They are. But before you put your money down, it's fair to tell you that you should research the back story so you have the information you need to make the best decision. Also, you should seek out members here who own 98--2000 190s and ask them what they think of the boat and its wake. You should also test drive other 90s MCs and other brands so you can properly compare the boat, its wake, its tracking, etc. before you buy.

holdenh2o
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
They (the 98 190) will tend to run mid teens tops unless we're talking about an anniversary boat. Since no one else has mentioned it, I guess I have to take the bullet, so to speak. These boats come with a back story. It's not a popular topic to be sure. And it's not to say that they aren't good boats for the money. They are. But before you put your money down, it's fair to tell you that you should research the back story so you have the information you need to make the best decision. Also, you should seek out members here who own 98--2000 190s and ask them what they think of the boat and its wake. You should also test drive other 90s MCs and other brands so you can properly compare the boat, its wake, its tracking, etc. before you buy.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I appreciate ETS speaking up on the good, bad, AND ugly. Really love objective posts like these.

Dawg 1
04-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Regular. It is a 190. Seller is asking 15k, I have reduced him to 14k at present and looking to buy around 13.5k if possible.

dobber
04-02-2012, 11:18 PM
So what's the back story with 98-2000 prostars

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Link (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=818112&postcount=66)

/10char

gotta_ski
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's my opinion, and since its free its worth what you paid me for it: Is the 98 the best ski wake possible? No.
Is it the best boat Mastercraft ever built? No.
Is it dangerous in reference to the chine-lock issue everyone talks about but no one has experienced first hand? I don't think so. Maybe without the extra fin and other add-ons it was, but I would think if it was really so dangerous, Mastercraft would have added the extra bits on all 98s, not simply offered them for those that wanted them.
Does it have the winged rudder and hydrorails to supposedly prevent that? Mine does, but I've seen others without it.
Is it still a great ski wake? I think so.
Is it still a Mastercraft, meaning its extremely well built and an all around great boat? Absolutely.

I'd tell you to ski it, and if you like it, buy it. In my case I think the reputation of this year boat maybe saved me a few bucks, and I don't notice any performance tradeoff because of it. There was a discussion on here once and Farmer Ted said something to the effect of "anyone that tells me different can shampoo my crotch." Sums it up nicely.

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Is it dangerous in reference to the chine-lock issue everyone talks about but no one has experienced first hand?

I have never heard of an instance of a 1998 PS 190 experiencing chine lock apart from the one beached at the boat test that year. If preventing this was the goal of the foiled rudder and fourth skeg, then MC succeeded. I don't think that the 1998 190 is dangerous, nor have I ever said that.

Chine walking a boat is not a difficult thing to do. Put some weight up front, start in shallow water, give it the gas and turn while you're coming out of the hole. I managed to lock up my old 205 a bit doing this once. Fortunately, it was not in a tight turn on a traditional ski lake. And I think that's why there was a change after the test. I know of a 197 that has done it, too. If these boats were going to be used regularly under these conditions, there was no way MC was going to let it go out the door as is after that.

I'd tell you to ski it, and if you like it, buy it. In my case I think the reputation of this year boat maybe saved me a few bucks, and I don't notice any performance tradeoff because of it. There was a discussion on here once and Farmer Ted said something to the effect of "anyone that tells me different can shampoo my crotch." Sums it up nicely.

I think what I have emphasized in the above quote from you is outstanding advice. Try it. If you like it. Buy it, and don't worry about what someone might say about it. If you can use this information to get a good deal on a well maintained boat that you like, so much the better. Take it a step further and have a killer wrap put on it to make it look like the Death Star!

As for Farmer Ted, he had at least one dealer telling him that it never happened and that it was just a rumor made up by the competition. He was frustrated by what was being related on this forum about his era of 190 and a memorable quote was born. I like Tim (Farmer Ted) a lot. I laugh when I remember him saying that (and believe you me, it was directed at me). But there's no need for me to take his personal hygiene, or anyone else's for that matter, into my own hands for relating a piece of MasterCraft history when someone on here asks for it.

I would never turn down a set behind any era of MasterCraft.

That said, there's a product you guys might be interested in. ;)

gotta_ski
04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Eastie, you're one of the people on here I really enjoy. Does Farmer Ted's soap work on all years of MC production, or just for the 1998 ugly child? And can I also use it in the shower? I'm always looking for multi-use products. :)

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks. I hope you know how long I have waited to lay down that picture.

That soap is not safe for boats. Apply only to crotch.

snobinge
04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Was this problem only applicable to the 190 or was it also an issue with the 205?

east tx skier
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Was this problem only applicable to the 190 or was it also an issue with the 205?

The second generation 205 was based on the 95--97 190. There was never a 205 based on the 98--2000 190. The 205 hull was not altered between 1996 and 2000. I am unaware of any issues with the 205 hulls of either generation from 92--2000. My father in law has a 1998 205. No foiled rudder. Only 3 skegs. In other words, no PPTS.

dobber
04-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I happen to own a 98 ps 190 with thw LT-1 and I love it. If you like it and it is in your price range buy it. When you are on a boat in the lake anything could happen to it.

erkoehler
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I am selling my 1999 ProStar 190 listed it at $18,999 and am getting a lot of traffic on it.

250 hours and MINT condition.

swc5150
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
For what it's worth, we had a '98 190 w/LT1, and don't miss and don't miss it one bit. I wouldn't say it was dangerous either, but the wake was not MC's best effort IMHO. The '91-94 hull should not have changed until the 197 became available - and even then been available as an option:-) I have a feeling the 2013 PS will strongly resemble that era.

captain planet
04-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's my opinion, and since its free its worth what you paid me for it: Is the 98 the best ski wake possible? No.
Is it the best boat Mastercraft ever built? No.
Is it dangerous in reference to the chine-lock issue everyone talks about but no one has experienced first hand? I don't think so. Maybe without the extra fin and other add-ons it was, but I would think if it was really so dangerous, Mastercraft would have added the extra bits on all 98s, not simply offered them for those that wanted them.
Does it have the winged rudder and hydrorails to supposedly prevent that? Mine does, but I've seen others without it.
Is it still a great ski wake? I think so.
Is it still a Mastercraft, meaning its extremely well built and an all around great boat? Absolutely.

The winged rudder was the correction for the chine lock issue. The hydrorails were a wake characteristics changer, they had nothing to do with the chine lock.

FWIW, I bought my boat new and love it. I have never had any issues with the chine lock and have put over 600 hours on my boat. I'm no great slalom skiier but do slalom behind it and foot behind it all the time and it suits me just fine. If you ski behind it and like it, it is worth what you are willing to pay.

One GREAT thing about the 1998 boat everybody forgets about is it was the last year of good vinyl for a few years. Starting in 1999 the vinyl across the marine industry was bad due to EPA emission regulations for vinyl producers. The vinyl in my 1998 is in fantastic shape for a 14 year old boat.

TRBenj
04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
The winged rudder was the correction for the chine lock issue. The hydrorails were a wake characteristics changer, they had nothing to do with the chine lock.
I can see that being possible, but Im curious how you know that for sure. Surely you realize that the hydrorails change the shape of the chine so its interesting that you say they had no effect on the chine lock.

That '99 was a bad year for the entire marine industry for vinyl is a new one to me. I thought that it was a MC issue (and their suppliers). Never heard of the issue on a CC from that vintage.

east tx skier
04-05-2012, 01:38 PM
One GREAT thing about the 1998 boat everybody forgets about is it was the last year of good vinyl for a few years. Starting in 1999 the vinyl across the marine industry was bad due to EPA emission regulations for vinyl producers. The vinyl in my 1998 is in fantastic shape for a 14 year old boat.

According to some, it was the last good trailer, too.

Agreed, my 98 SN has nearly flawless vinyl.

east tx skier
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I can see that being possible, but Im curious how you know that for sure. Surely you realize that the hydrorails change the shape of the chine so its interesting that you say they had no effect on the chine lock.

Whether they affect the chine shape, my understanding is that the intent of the rails is like was mentioned, to soften out the wake. These weren't introduced until 99 while the so called "PPTS" was put on nearly all production 98 190s.

broncotw
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
The 1998 Prostar is also known as the "Death Star"! LOL

;O) ETS

jamisonsbrodie
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
That '99 was a bad year for the entire marine industry for vinyl is a new one to me. I thought that it was a MC issue (and their suppliers). Never heard of the issue on a CC from that vintage.

This is my understanding too. My friends 99 Nautique and my previously owned 2000 Malibu have flawless vinyl, while friends 01 x-star and my brother-in-laws 2002 209's vinyl is junk.

captain planet
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Because I know people at MC and I have spoken with the driver of the boat that was driving the 98 when it experienced this chine lock everybody talks about.....so I know the cause and the correction. The correction was the winged rudder.

captain planet
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
According to some, it was the last good trailer, too.

Agreed, my 98 SN has nearly flawless vinyl.

This is where my unbias comes out. I'm not a big fan of my trailer. The damn thing drags in the rear all over the place in and out of parking lots etc., and sits too low overall. And before I hear, "lower your tongue", it is. My buddy has a 1997 Prostar and has it on an Eagle trailer because he used to work for them when he got his boat, and I want his trailer. My trailer is nice, but his trailer is really nice.

So you see, my Kool-Aid is restrained to just the boats. :rolleyes:

AZX9
04-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Do you have a torsion axel? Have the axel adjusted to raise the trailer up in the rear.

east tx skier
04-06-2012, 12:36 AM
This is where my unbias comes out. I'm not a big fan of my trailer. The damn thing drags in the rear all over the place in and out of parking lots etc., and sits too low overall. And before I hear, "lower your tongue", it is. My buddy has a 1997 Prostar and has it on an Eagle trailer because he used to work for them when he got his boat, and I want his trailer. My trailer is nice, but his trailer is really nice.

So you see, my Kool-Aid is restrained to just the boats. :rolleyes:

I never said it wasn't low in the back. That is not as uncommon as you think. Throw some drag wheels on there and take your frustrations out on the asphalt. At least your bunks aren't tearing up your boat. At least your brakes aren't smoking as you go down the road, at least your wheel isn't flying off.

At least your brake lines weren't wrapped at rubber from the factory like my rust 93 brake lines were. :0

captain planet
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I never said it wasn't low in the back. That is not as uncommon as you think. Throw some drag wheels on there and take your frustrations out on the asphalt. At least your bunks aren't tearing up your boat. At least your brakes aren't smoking as you go down the road, at least your wheel isn't flying off.

At least your brake lines weren't wrapped at rubber from the factory like my rust 93 brake lines were. :0

No, I don't have that happening, but I did have the frame of the trailer buckle behind the axle becaues the hole cut for the brake line to daylight from the frame rail was cut too big and it compromised the structure. That was a warranty that got me a new trailer 2 years into owning the boat. No other issues except the dragging one I mentioned. Are those wheels available aftermarket?

east tx skier
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes, the wheels are available aftermarket.

Paktron Marine Rollers (http://www.pakindustries.com/marine.html)

These are the rollers on my old 93 trailer with a beefed up prop guard (primed, but not yet painted). They are mounted so that the prop guard has only slightly more clearance than they do. If you mount them on the bottom like they do on the new trailers, your clearance issue will not improve.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dCBlkmgyTck/S4MAk_RBQfI/AAAAAAAACtg/gkNsBXSYj9U/s650/Prop%2520guard%2520and%2520rollers.jpg

Word of caution. If your issue is that your trailer drags on the driveway, I would recommend skipping these nice looking stainless rollers and getting some poly rollers. They aren't as pretty, but they won't score up your driveway. On my CC, I have some nice, ugly green rollers. They work great and my driveway doesn't suffer as a result.

You can see that I have gone for function over form on the new drag wheels.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hYuaxBYExuw/TaJ5p8jkiMI/AAAAAAAAD1k/Z3-_hFYfSGM/s1280/IMAG0051.jpg

Stx221
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
eastie, these guys may flame me for a while for saying this, but you have a beautiful CC and I am rather jealous!

Before I found the Prostar, I was originally looking for a 94+ Ski Nautique to avoid wood stringers. Then I stumbled across the Prostar with the LT1 and fell in love... The rest is history.

/end threadjacking.

east tx skier
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
eastie, these guys may flame me for a while for saying this, but you have a beautiful CC and I am rather jealous!

Before I found the Prostar, I was originally looking for a 94+ Ski Nautique to avoid wood stringers. Then I stumbled across the Prostar with the LT1 and fell in love... The rest is history.

/end threadjacking.

Thanks! It's a wonderful boat. But, frankly, so was my 93 205. Just wanted a closed bow with certain other requirements and the 98 SN fit the bill well. With that said, there were about 3 categories of MC I was considering at the same time. The SN just showed up for sale, close, and first.

Check out the "Last Waltz" thread I dug up about an hour ago.

CantRepeat
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Eastie,

Can you get some close up photos of the drag wheels on your CC please. Thanks!

Dawg 1
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Mission accomplished. I am now a new owner of one 1998 ProStar 190. Pics to follow.

east tx skier
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Eastie,

Can you get some close up photos of the drag wheels on your CC please. Thanks!

Will do. They are what Dorsey used to sell as the poly option.

Congrats Dawg1

Dawg 1
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Do you have additional pics of the poly rollers you mounted on the CC? I have driveway issues and would like to fabricate a similar setup.

CantRepeat
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Do you have additional pics of the poly rollers you mounted on the CC? I have driveway issues and would like to fabricate a similar setup.

here, here!!

captain planet
04-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Will do. They are what Dorsey used to sell as the poly option.

Congrats Dawg1

I appreciate it. Once my garage is done I will have to back in my driveway to get the boat in and I know I have an approach issue.

captain planet
04-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Mission accomplished. I am now a new owner of one 1998 ProStar 190. Pics to follow.

Congrats. I hope you like it as much as I love mine.

So..........where are the pictures already?

east tx skier
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Forgive the rust spot. I need to do a little touch up work this summer.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YWlh8qBm4uU/T4Qp16kIKII/AAAAAAAAE_A/Rv96jGGRc0o/s1024/IMAG0228.jpg

GT500 MC
04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=east tx skier;829054]Forgive the rust spot. I need to do a little touch up work this summer.

Wow....I cannot believe you posted that pic of a rust spot....Here comes the OCD patrol...:rolleyes:

Farmer Ted
04-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I have never heard of an instance of a 1998 PS 190 experiencing chine lock apart from the one beached at the boat test that year. If preventing this was the goal of the foiled rudder and fourth skeg, then MC succeeded. I don't think that the 1998 190 is dangerous, nor have I ever said that.

Chine walking a boat is not a difficult thing to do. Put some weight up front, start in shallow water, give it the gas and turn while you're coming out of the hole. I managed to lock up my old 205 a bit doing this once. Fortunately, it was not in a tight turn on a traditional ski lake. And I think that's why there was a change after the test. I know of a 197 that has done it, too. If these boats were going to be used regularly under these conditions, there was no way MC was going to let it go out the door as is after that.

I think what I have emphasized in the above quote from you is outstanding advice. Try it. If you like it. Buy it, and don't worry about what someone might say about it. If you can use this information to get a good deal on a well maintained boat that you like, so much the better. Take it a step further and have a killer wrap put on it to make it look like the Death Star!

As for Farmer Ted, he had at least one dealer telling him that it never happened and that it was just a rumor made up by the competition. He was frustrated by what was being related on this forum about his era of 190 and a memorable quote was born. I like Tim (Farmer Ted) a lot. I laugh when I remember him saying that (and believe you me, it was directed at me). But there's no need for me to take his personal hygiene, or anyone else's for that matter, into my own hands for relating a piece of MasterCraft history when someone on here asks for it.

I would never turn down a set behind any era of MasterCraft.

That said, there's a product you guys might be interested in. ;)

You're my Huckleberry Doug! :banana::D

Farmer Ted
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll send a decal to the first person who can find the original post......

east tx skier
04-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'll send a decal to the first person who can find the original post......

I think the original post is lost forever, but the quote lives on. Good times, sir!

Not going to get pissed at anyone if they post some facts, but all this I know this guy who heard from a girl who dated this guy who's uncle saw a ski boat once in his life blah blah blah blah.

Bottom line, if the test boat ever ran aground MC took steps to fix it.

Look at the blue book value on 96, 97, 98, 99, and 00 models do you see a big dip in the BB on these so called problem hulls?

Here's how I drive my boat, put it in gear to take up the slack and slowly advance the throttle to get the skier up and to the speed they like to ski at.

Drive in a straight line until it's time to turn around, swing a little to the right and crank it over to the left and give it some gas and try to get back in the path I just made as fast as possible.

I don't use my boat on a ski lake so I'm sure I don't whip it around as violently as some Pro drivers do and I certainly don't go haulin a$$ trying to duplicate what ever happened if it ever happened at all.

So until someone can offer me something more substantial than
"he said she said" they can shampoo my crotch.

I would recommend to someone if they like to ski and find a boat that's been well maintained and the price is right and they feel good about it put your money on the table or find another boat.
If the 98 hull was such a piece of $hit why did they sell it for 3 years.

Anyway I aint mad at you, just need some vittles.

Speaking of decals, I have sort of a maroonish/red 98 side decal that Atlfootr gave me that I would be happy to pass along to someone who has a 98 and needs that decal. I could always stick it to my garage wall, but I'd feel bad if I ever saw someone who was looking for one for his boat. So if you need one, call me. Until then, it is a fine addition to my small, well cared for collection.

Farmer Ted
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I think the original post is lost forever, but the quote lives on. Good times, sir!

Not going to get pissed at anyone if they post some facts, but all this I know this guy who heard from a girl who dated this guy who's uncle saw a ski boat once in his life blah blah blah blah.

Bottom line, if the test boat ever ran aground MC took steps to fix it.

Look at the blue book value on 96, 97, 98, 99, and 00 models do you see a big dip in the BB on these so called problem hulls?

Here's how I drive my boat, put it in gear to take up the slack and slowly advance the throttle to get the skier up and to the speed they like to ski at.

Drive in a straight line until it's time to turn around, swing a little to the right and crank it over to the left and give it some gas and try to get back in the path I just made as fast as possible.

I don't use my boat on a ski lake so I'm sure I don't whip it around as violently as some Pro drivers do and I certainly don't go haulin a$$ trying to duplicate what ever happened if it ever happened at all.

So until someone can offer me something more substantial than
"he said she said" they can shampoo my crotch.

I would recommend to someone if they like to ski and find a boat that's been well maintained and the price is right and they feel good about it put your money on the table or find another boat.
If the 98 hull was such a piece of $hit why did they sell it for 3 years.

Anyway I aint mad at you, just need some vittles.

Speaking of decals, I have sort of a maroonish/red 98 side decal that Atlfootr gave me that I would be happy to pass along to someone who has a 98 and needs that decal. I could always stick it to my garage wall, but I'd feel bad if I ever saw someone who was looking for one for his boat. So if you need one, call me. Until then, it is a fine addition to my small, well cared for collection.

Doug,

I feel sorry for the people who face you in court, you are one squared away individual!

T

oxberger
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Doug is one of the few lawyers, based on his comments and help on TT, that I believe wants to help people and isn't selling his soul to the devil to do it. Cheers to Doug!

east tx skier
04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Doug,

I feel sorry for the people who face you in court, you are one squared away individual!

T

Google helped. Sorry I couldn't find the original thread. :(

Doug is one of the few lawyers, based on his comments and help on TT, that I believe wants to help people and isn't selling his soul to the devil to do it. Cheers to Doug!

I suppose it's true. I left private practice over eleven years ago and haven't looked back. I work for the government and try to do what's fair and just in my work.

So, nobody really faces me in court. I sit behind them. They face the other way. :)

Dawg 1
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Congrats. I hope you like it as much as I love mine.

So..........where are the pictures already?

Here are the pics of the recent purchase

Dawg 1
04-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Looks effective. Those castors are huge. I picked up some cast iron ones from Tractor Supply but they are only rated to 300 lbs each and not as large in diameter. Still not sure whether I am going to weld a permanent bracket to the trailer or make a removable unit held on by large receiver pins.

PA Prostar
04-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats. That's my exact boat (except for the engine). Mine's been great to me and for what I use it for, anything on the thread isn't a concern.

PA Prostar
04-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I just noticed your tach is stuck at the same place mine is when the engine is off. That makes me curious...........

east tx skier
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Looks effective. Those castors are huge. I picked up some cast iron ones from Tractor Supply but they are only rated to 300 lbs each and not as large in diameter. Still not sure whether I am going to weld a permanent bracket to the trailer or make a removable unit held on by large receiver pins.

They're not in contact long and don't need to support the entire weight of boat and trailer. In reality, they're only riding up with the springs a bit. That should work fine.

east tx skier
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Nice looking boat!

Dawg 1
04-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks. Now onto new boat check list:
Cleaned K&N air filter
Oil
Tranny fluid
Spark Plugs
Thermostats
Impeller
Check drivetrain
I bought a Flush Pro as well

captain planet
04-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Nice boat, congrats. You will love it. When I am 100' behind my boat going 39 mph, I sure as heck love mine.

TRBenj
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I just noticed your tach is stuck at the same place mine is when the engine is off. That makes me curious...........
Many tachs stay in the same position that they were in when the engine was shut off. Turn the key on and back off (not starting the engine) and the needle will likely fall to zero.

Dawg 1
04-13-2012, 11:55 PM
As long as I don't drive it like I ride a dirt bike I should be ok.

PA Prostar
04-14-2012, 09:32 AM
As long as I don't drive it like I ride a dirt bike I should be ok.

You or the boat? I'm guessing both. Don't hurt my twin, I'll feel the pain.

PA Prostar
04-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Many tachs stay in the same position that they were in when the engine was shut off. Turn the key on and back off (not starting the engine) and the needle will likely fall to zero.

Interesting. I'll give that a try. It started bouncing this past year and not giving me accurate readings. Between that and being "stuck on" I was looking to replace it. Would there be anything to do to it, other than clean the contacts, that could help the bouncing issue? Keep in mind this is for a 1998 Prostar, so I'm not hijacking the thread too much!

jhall0711
04-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Very nice looking puchase... If its clean and runs good it really doesnt matter what others think now does it....;)

Google helped. Sorry I couldn't find the original thread. :(

I suppose it's true. I left private practice over eleven years ago and haven't looked back. I work for the government and try to do what's fair and just in my work.

So, nobody really faces me in court. I sit behind them. They face the other way. :)

Doug... Would love some more info about what type of practice your in and how you got there. Finishing up my second year at The Ohio State Moritz College of Law and still searching for what I want to do for sure. PM sometime.