PDA

View Full Version : Loose pylon mount on 1994 PS205

jbkhetani
08-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Noticing a bit of extra movement in the pylon under heavy pulls, pulled
the floorboard to check the mounts (1994 PS205).

There are eight bolts that hold the L-shaped metal crossmember to the hull. We were missing one bolt, and one is stripped, both on the same side. So, that explains the flex. Unclear how long this has been a problem.

Going to contact dealer when they open tom'w, but does anyone have experience dealing with this? Can the floor be pulled to get to the back of the bolts? Do the bolts use nuts, or just grab the surrounding material?

Any help is appreciated.

6ballsisall
08-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Welcome!

To answer your question yes they have washers and nuts on the back side. If your U bolts are stripped out you should just be able to buy those and some new hardware and be good to go. I wouldn't recommend letting that go to long for fear of causing more damage

jbkhetani
08-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks......

I guess I'm not sure I saw the use of U-bolts. I'm not talking about the bolts that attach the pylon itself to the cross beam -- but the bolts that attach the cross beam to the hull. These are the loost/missing/stripped ones. Those bolts look like std bolts (although I obviously can't see the threaded side under the flooring), not any u-bolt application.

Spoke w/MC cust svc in TN this AM, they are not sure if (a) the bolt uses a nut/washer, or if threads are grabbing material, or (b) if can get access to the underside of the floor where the a nut might attach. If grabbing material, would guess dealer can fill hole and then re-tap....?