PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass cruise

ricford
03-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Looking for thoughts on the perfect pass cruise system. It's rpm based not speed. I would think it would be a good inexpensive alternative for the recreational skier/boarder. My wife won't drive the course for me because it takes all her concentration to keep it in line without worrying about speed. It says that it is not recommended for heavily ballasted boats or v drives. I'll be putting it on a prostar 190. Anyone using this system? How does it handle cornering?

mark g
04-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I had perfect pass pro on my old 190 said I would never have another boat without it, my new prostar 197 came with mastercraft cruise control factory fitted, at first it was going to be the first thing I updated but having used it it's as good as the old system just a little different to set up, holds the speed ok, speeds up a little in the corners if you corner tight but so did the pro version.
Not sure if the perfect pass cruise is the same I guess it will be.

ricford
04-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. It seems like the perfect option for me. For $675, I don't need GPS accuracy. When I hit the speed I want, just hit the button and it holds that rpm, which should be good enough for my purposes.

Cloaked
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. It seems like the perfect option for me. For $675, I don't need GPS accuracy. When I hit the speed I want, just hit the button and it holds that rpm, which should be good enough for my purposes.
Do you have a 1:1 transmission?