PDA

View Full Version : Damper plate replacement

blakehardesty
03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
I know this is gonna get moved but I need some quick awnsers. I am going to post some pics of my project thus far. I had the "sounds like rocks in the transmission" thing goin on and after this forum quickly realized it is the damper plate, right? Well I pulled everything off, (Trans and Bell Housing) and the damper plate definatly isnt the one from 1984 and think it looks great. Also, I seemed to have alot of trans fluid in the bell housing. I am posting pics of each and let me know what you think.

blakehardesty
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
All the fluid in the third picture was in the bell housing. I went ahead and replaced the front and rear seals while I was in there.

mikeg205
03-31-2012, 01:04 PM
PM Too_Tall - he had a noisy damper plate... he replaced it and now you can barely feel the boat slip into gear.

Cloaked
03-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Put anti-sieze on all of your hose connections when reinstalling new exhaust hoses. Also a perfect time to install a dripless packing connection onto the drive shaft while the shaft is loose. Strut bearings too. Just a thought. It's the perfect opportunity.