PDA

View Full Version : ProStar 205 Heater Install Question

dfski
03-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I'm installing a heater in my 1992 PS 205. In searching on Team Talk I've found some great hints. However, I'm trying to determine the best location and method to mount the heater core/blower unit. I removed the storage bin from the seat in front of the driver which opens up the area behingd the driver side kick plate. The installation manual says to mount the core horizontal if possible. Does anybody have any thoughts? Pictures would be especially helpful.
Thanks

chico
04-01-2012, 08:52 AM
I installed mine under the passenger seat storage area,I put the blower all the way to the front ,one nozzle comes out of the kick area pointed at the driver,the second nozzle points to the back and Iput a hot tube on that one,the wiring and hoses run through the floor chase,then the wires run back through the drivers side chase to the dash.hope this makes sense.dont forget the Y adaptre.

Table Rocker
04-01-2012, 09:48 AM
My heater ('96 205) is behind the driver kick panel - factory installation. Four screws and the panel is out and you can access from under the helm. There is a hole in the floor for the wiring/controls that go from the helm to the bilge. The hoses go in that same passage.

I would probably pull the driver's seat to make things easier, but pulling the driver's seat can be a chore sometimes. The vent hose for the passenger side goes around the bow, just behind the rub rail.

Once you put the panel back in, you don't see the heater and no storage is lost.

Super1990
04-17-2012, 11:28 PM
I am installing one on a 1998 Prostar 205. Can you please send me any pictures of your factory installed heater.

Table Rocker
04-18-2012, 12:08 AM
I am installing one on a 1998 Prostar 205. Can you please send me any pictures of your factory installed heater.
It will be a few days, but I should be able to get some posted up.

Table Rocker
04-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I hope it's not too late, but I finally got a chance to crawl under there and take that bulkhead out. The farthest edge of the heater box is about even with the edge of the fiberglass you can see above it.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5030/img2413ni.jpg

Super1990
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Thank you very much. That helps a lot .

Table Rocker
04-29-2012, 07:13 PM
The upper vent hose heads around the bow just behind the rub rail and comes out by the observer's feet. The lower hose is out of position in this picture. It just turns 90 degrees and comes out at the driver's feet through the kick panel.