PDA

View Full Version : The tower is on and works great!

ksmaristar91
08-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Just thought id post a pic of the boat with the new tower on. It was only 70deg out today but I had to try it out, now i can hurt myself even more!!!

Also my hull is turning brown, and it wasnt 3 weeks ago when i bought it, i chamois it off after i take it out of the water every time, any suggestions would be great. :headbang:

bigmac
08-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Just thought id post a pic of the boat with the new tower on. It was only 70deg out today but I had to try it out, now i can hurt myself even more!!!

Also my hull is turning brown, and it wasnt 3 weeks ago when i bought it, i chamois it off after i take it out of the water every time, any suggestions would be great. :headbang:

Acid wash with Zing or On-and-Off (Marykate) or similar will clean the hull of the staining and remove oxidation which gives the algae and other stains in the water something to hang onto. Then buff it down with a orbital buffer and cleaner or cleaner/carnauba wax. A good coat of wax and no oxidized pigment are the best ways to keep the hull from being stained, other than NOT mooring the boat.

PondPwr
08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
FWIW, I just cleaned the yellow stain off my boat this morning. I put 'The Works' Toilet Bowl Cleaner in a sprayer, mixed 50/50 with water. pray it on, wait a few minutes and rinse it off. Worked like a charm.

Next chance I get, I plan to run some wax onto it....any one know an easy way to get wax on the bottom while the boat is on the trailer?

erkoehler
08-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Tower looks good! :D

prostar205
08-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Congrats on the tower - it looks great.

As for cleaning the stains on the full - FSR (Fiberglass Stain Remover). I works like a charm. I have it in the jell form - wipe it on, wait a few minutes, wipe it off. It leaves the hull white, white, white.

Scot
08-15-2005, 10:51 AM
FSR works but if you can't get it locally, try Iron Out. You can get it at your local Ace store. I use the powder type... just mix with water in a shallow bowl, sponge on, and rinse off...

The Governor
08-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Sweet Monster Tower! That's the same one I plan on buying/installing in the next couple of weeks. :D

How did the installation go?

Gov

ksmaristar91
08-15-2005, 03:42 PM
The install went well, had 3 friends so it was easy to move around. I would suggest having someone vaccum while you drill, this left minimal fiberglass and alluminum shavings. Tower and both racks in about 4 hours.

Granite_33
08-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Nice Looking boat! I had a 90 / 91 just like that one. Red. 7 years I owned it and I have to wrack my brain to come up with any problems I ever had. Nice looking tower setup!