PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Frame

LaRue
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
I no longer need the bimini hardware the PO had installed on windshield frame. I would like to remove. Are there any products out there I can use to fill in the screw holes?

Also, you will notice in photo a strap eye. Since i no longer need this I would prefer to remove. Question...should i leave strap eye on boat or take off and fill in holes knowing it is likely the white colors will not be a perfect match?

BTW...if you are wondering why i look so incredibly tense--- it was my first day on the water with this boat a few years back and i was quite nervous. :steering:

CantRepeat
03-28-2012, 07:55 AM
When I took them off of my 92 I got some plastic plugs from Home Depot.

timvan
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Bondo and paint for the frame.. Gelcoat patch for the other

shepherd
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd leave the strap eye on the boat. It's not in the way and doesn't look any worse than a patch would. Remove the fitting on the window frame and plug it like CantRepeat says. Save the fitting. That way, if you eventually sell the boat, the next owner can put on a bimini. Where I live, a bimini is required equipment in the summer if I'm going to be out more than an hour or two.

CantRepeat
03-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Bondo and paint for the frame.. Gelcoat patch for the other

NOT!:rolleyes:

LaRue
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I'd leave the strap eye on the boat. It's not in the way and doesn't look any worse than a patch would. Remove the fitting on the window frame and plug it like CantRepeat says. Save the fitting. That way, if you eventually sell the boat, the next owner can put on a bimini. Where I live, a bimini is required equipment in the summer if I'm going to be out more than an hour or two.

That is what i was thinking but wasn't sure what a future buyer would think. The new bimini will be incorporated into tower.

Thrall
03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Leave the strap eye on the deck alone unless you want to get a gel patch kit. You could fix it where it wouldn't be noticable and not that hard, just some sanding and buffing, but more work than it's worth.
On the frame, remove and install some plugs like others mentioned, or use a small (short)stainless screw

LaRue
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I guess i am showing my ignorance here but what sort of plastic plugs?