PDA

View Full Version : Watts Barr Lake?

6ballsisall
08-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I saw an ad in Skymiles for property around Watts Bar Lake. Does anyone live or ski there from the board?

Leroy
08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Watts Bar is near where I grew up, but I have never been on it. Do these allow docks on the water? Around Dale Hollow there is a lot of property for sale now, but you cannot access the water directly or have dock.

erkoehler
08-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Watts Bar is near where I grew up, but I have never been on it. Do these allow docks on the water? Around Dale Hollow there is a lot of property for sale now, but you cannot access the water directly or have dock.

How could you live on waterfront property, but not have a dock or direct water access. That would be like daily torture for me!

6ballsisall
08-14-2005, 05:16 PM

Heres a link to the ad I saw www.tnlake.net

Cloaked
08-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I saw an ad in Skymiles for property around Watts Bar Lake. Does anyone live or ski there from the board?I live on Watts Bar. They are having a difficult time selling that property. It's mostly steep hillside and the prices are ridiculous for the return in investment. The specific area is in the least value-laiden area in that county (Roane County). I live have property on that lake up river on Caney Creek. It is listed with www.thelakeman.com You could swing by there on your way to or from the lake trip in Sept. It's near I-40. I live about 15 miles from GV.

Grand Vista may be an OK place to some folks but comparitively, it wouldn't be my preference. However that's only my opinion.

6ballsisall
08-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I live on Watts Bar.

Cool!! Whats this new community like that I saw an ad for?

Cloaked
08-14-2005, 05:25 PM
How could you live on waterfront property, but not have a dock or direct water access. That would be like daily torture for me!Army Corps of Engineers restrict a lot of lake front property on Dale and on Center Hill..

Cloaked
08-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Cool!! Whats this new community like that I saw an ad for?I think that we are talking the same community. It stems around the lake, where the community ammenities augment the lack of lake access for many of the lots. They are on a steep hillside in lieu of a leveling lot for use of recreation.

This concept of a self-centered community was brought here by outside developers, where otherwise you'll find that the core culture here in Roane County is an Applachian culture as such. Some refer to us as Hillbillys :D Tru dat!! I think Loery will know exactly what I'm talking about. He's from the neighboring county from me.

Hilllbilly Leroy!!! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Cloaked
08-14-2005, 06:35 PM
This is just off of I-40. If you are traveling that route to KY, I'll be glad to take you right to it on your way. I's about 1 - 1.5 hour delay by the time we get there, see the place, and back to I-40.

Leroy
08-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Looks like you would be Sporty's neighbor! That does look nice!

Cloaked
08-17-2005, 06:23 AM
http://www.IthinkImuckedup/index.php

Edited by moi! Oh I have opened a Pandora's Box... LOL... :uglyhamme

gr8smiles
08-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Army Corps of Engineers restrict a lot of lake front property on Dale and on Center Hill..

Many Corps lakes have a 'buffer' of federal land that surrounds the lakes. This is done as an attempt to limit development and preserve natural beauty. The lakes that have these 'corps property zones' have marinas available where one can rent slips. We have a home on Center Hill at Four Seasons. We overlook the marina and love the view. We ride 4 wheelers and golf carts down to the marina...it is about 1 mile away....it's nice not to have to worry about maintenance of docks,etc. Slip rental is just part of the cost of boating on Center Hill.

Here is the view from my porch....and yes I cut the trees and yes they are not on corps land....

Alan Jackson, just to name drop, got in a ton of trouble with the Feds several years ago 'cause he cleared the corps land down to the water. His house sits very low to the water and is right on the boundary line.

The equity in these kind of lots is directly proportionate to the views. many people 'push' the limits with the Corps and some get in trouble doing so, but having a marina on-site and the security that it provides is fantastic.

X2M
08-17-2005, 03:06 PM
That's it. I'm moving.

I just looked at that Watts Bar lake homes website and I'm stunned. The cost of housing there is great compared to Northern CA/Bay area. My 1400 sq ft, 35 year old house is worth alot more than some of those houses. I don't even have some what close to lake access (try 24 miles). :(

Cloaked
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
That's it. I'm moving.

I just looked at that Watts Bar lake homes website and I'm stunned. The cost of housing there is great compared to Northern CA/Bay area. My 1400 sq ft, 35 year old house is worth alot more than some of those houses. I don't even have some what close to lake access (try 24 miles). :(With all due respect, that is what I have been wondering for years. WHY? I don't get it. Peeps stay somewhere it costs an arm and a leg for whatever is there.

However, please be happy there. It's hot and humid here, lots of bugs, snakes, and many aligators, with traffic snarels everywhere. I would also have to say the air quality is horrible as is pollen and sinus infectors. Please be happy there... We have a lot of crime here too... And I think there is also a lot of homeless beggers everywhere. And I'm also looking at rain every day. And then Leroy has digs here too. It's full of hillbillys.... I'll get back to you with more... It's really nasty here too...ANd the per capita income is at poverty level. Please be happy where you are... EVERYONE!!! stay there!!! :smile:

X2M
08-17-2005, 04:19 PM
That bad huh? Well alright I'll go ahead and stay in California. I guess the housing prices are so low because of all the traffic, hillbilly's (sorry Leroy), alligators, snakes, high crime, low poverty level.....Yeah California is looking better by the second. :D :D

AirJunky
08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
HEhehe, Momma, you can always do better than the Bay area. I have a buddy who just sold a shack in Ojai for $520k & paid cash for a 2 yr old, 5 bedroom, 2 story, 3 car garage house with shared waterfront a block off the water....... for $325k.

Cloaked
08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
That bad huh? Well alright I'll go ahead and stay in California. I guess the housing prices are so low because of all the traffic, hillbilly's (sorry Leroy), alligators, snakes, high crime, low poverty level.....Yeah California is looking better by the second. :D :DWe'd take you in here as an exception. There are a few nice areas... There's water everywhere here... :)

www.wattsbarlake.net <== reposted for folks that wanna' see the east... :cool: