PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Questions

Diver14
03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I have a X25 on order and only opted for the four speakers. I have two syn6 amps out of my last boat and two Pro80s so I plan on putting that on there. I have a few questions for anyone that knows.

1. Do the towers come pre-wired for speakers or will I have to run wires.
2. Where are the factory amps located and if you do not get the amps will it still come with a mounting surface ie amp rack or will I have to fabricate one. (pics would be great)
3. I am going to add a Wet Sounds Sub so also wanted to know if the speaker wire would be ran for that even if I didn't get one from the factory or if I would need to run that wire also.

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

rgardjr1
03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
1. Do the towers come pre-wired for speakers or will I have to run wires.

From what I've read around here I the towers come pre-wired for speakers and lights.

2. Where are the factory amps located and if you do not get the amps will it still come with a mounting surface ie amp rack or will I have to fabricate one. (pics would be great)

Normally the factory mounts the amps under the observer seat mounted on the inside wall of the walk through to the bow. One end of my factory amp was screwed directly to the wall and the other had a plastic spacer that was screwed to the wall and the amp was mounted to it. I think your probably going to want to make yourself an amp rack. Hopefully somebody around here has pictures of their X-25 they can post.

3. I am going to add a Wet Sounds Sub so also wanted to know if the speaker wire would be ran for that even if I didn't get one from the factory or if I would need to run that wire also.

Not sure on this one. I replaced the speaker wire for my factory sub-I wasn't too impressed with the wire used by the factory.

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your setup after it's complete!