PDA

View Full Version : New Launch Pics

jdeml
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Thought Id start a thread for best launch and trailering pic!

bjames
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Here are mine...
This one me laoding my old boat 2009 Moomba LSV.

This was my brother in law who was very proud of his DYI bimini. To his unfortune, the had of god plucked that thing from his boat in a nasty wind storm - only 30 min after this photo was taken.

Our 2011 X25 beside a 2011 X2. The guy with the X2 just got his around the same time we got ours.

LittleFuss
03-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Love this idea...makes me wish I had a camera more handy at the launch...idiots all around me and what not...

Jerseydave
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Loading up at dusk after another great day of riding.

Jerseydave
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
2011.....a lucky crew that got some coaching from Josh Palma

Trig2275
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Ready and waiting!

-V-
03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
here are a couple of memory pics................

PIC # 1 - Berlin Lake Summer 2011
PIC # 2 - Father-in-law (standing) and PO durring a test drive of the boat prior to ownership.
PIC # 3 - Wife sending me a pic of my new deployment present
PIC # 4 - Old rig (2008 Dodge Ram Quad CAb w/Hemi) and my boat in front of my house in San Antonio (converse)
PIC # 5 - New Rig (2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMaxx T-Force Edition) and my boat at a gas station on the way to Berlin Lake

DemolitionMan
03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
:d:d:d........................

milkmania
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
old pic
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF6239.jpg

mzimme
03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
old pic
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF6239.jpg

DAMN! That's a "ramp gone bad" waiting to happen. That thing is IN THERE! lol

BrianT
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Here are mine...
This one me laoding my old boat 2009 Moomba LSV.

This was my brother in law who was very proud of his DYI bimini. To his unfortune, the had of god plucked that thing from his boat in a nasty wind storm - only 30 min after this photo was taken.

Our 2011 X25 beside a 2011 X2. The guy with the X2 just got his around the same time we got ours.

Bjames, where was the 3rd picture taken at?

bturner2
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Going back in time a bit the first two are at Alum Creek in Columbus OH. The second two are in Colchester ON on Lake Erie.

bturner2
03-27-2012, 07:35 AM
One of the 03 X2 at Alum Creek OH and a not so good one of the 07 x2 at Colchester ON, Lake Erie...

Barefooter92
03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
How does your boat handle on Lake Erie? Do you pick and choose the times when you go out? Do you every stray away from the islands? Pretty small vessel for this body of water.

CruisinGA
03-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Unfortunately not with my MasterCraft- First ride of this year back in Feb.

Double D
03-27-2012, 08:43 AM
How about a boat loading video?? Yes I know, be careful and strap it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBZrs017YM

Here is a screen shot from it.

fskof
03-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately not with my MasterCraft- First ride of this year back in Feb.

Thats a great looking Toyota! You dont see to many of them around anymore

-V-
03-27-2012, 09:36 AM
How about a boat loading video?? Yes I know, be careful and strap it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBZrs017YM

Here is a screen shot from it.

Hey Double D,

Two questions for you,

1- aren't you suppose to disconnect the lights prior to putting the trailer in the water?

2- how long do you keep your engine running once you pull out?

just curious thats all.

by the way, first shot on is a good thing........i still have to use reverse and sometimes grab the trailer guides to inch the boat over.

waterbug
03-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I don't launch mine at a ramp, but here's a few at my my house.

Double D
03-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey Double D,

Two questions for you,

1- aren't you suppose to disconnect the lights prior to putting the trailer in the water?

2- how long do you keep your engine running once you pull out?

just curious thats all.

by the way, first shot on is a good thing........i still have to use reverse and sometimes grab the trailer guides to inch the boat over.

Hey -V-,

Not sure if your supposed to unhook the lights or not but I never have. They are waterproof lamps and such and have never had a problem.

The engine is turned off as soon as the prop is out of the water.

Oh there have been times that I dont get her on straight the first time but with the front vertical v-pad and v nose pads I added to this trailer, I have improved a lot. Also, the other weird thing is once I changed from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop, the boat centers itself a whole lot better and I never have to push it to the center... explain that one... :rolleyes:

cal69
03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm sure there will be many who disapprove of the strapless pullout, but here is a very short video of my buddy Bryan power loading his 1985 Stars & Stripes using a crash pad system he designed and we all run on our trailers. Steep ramps require a strap hookup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLAiLgPvJc

02ProstarSammyD
03-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Not sure if your supposed to unhook the lights or not but I never have. They are waterproof lamps and such and have never had a problem.

have never unhooked mine

and yea the strapless pull out makes me quiver

-V-
03-27-2012, 10:08 AM
disconnecting the lights is just something that I was taught a long time ago. and I do not have the V-Bunk. I have 2x4's that run the length. I have about a 1/4" to play with when I load my boat for it to be centered.

willyt
03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Yikes man... Definitely wouldn't try that with a v drive. Waterbug, that first picture is amazing.

bturner2
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
How does your boat handle on Lake Erie? Do you pick and choose the times when you go out? Do you every stray away from the islands? Pretty small vessel for this body of water.

I've had all my MCs out on Lake Erie but you really have to plan and pick your days carefully. We have cottage about 3 miles from the ramp and I'm constantly watching the weather conditions anytime I have the boat out there. I've had several occasions where I've taken the boat back in two to three foot waves which can be quite the ordeal. Weather can sometimes blow up out of know where without warning.

We pretty much stay to the shoreline but last fall we had some outstanding weather in late August. We were able to run down the lake to Leamington (about 15 miles) for lunch then shot out about 4 miles into the lake near Peelee Island. That was a record for me in the 30 plus years I've been on Lake Erie. It's not often you get a dead wind long enough to have the entire lake calm and then actually be there with your boat to go out during that time. I've taken my boat on vacation there for 10 tens days one summer and never got it wet because of bad boating conditions.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
disconnecting the lights is just something that I was taught a long time ago. and I do not have the V-Bunk. I have 2x4's that run the length. I have about a 1/4" to play with when I load my boat for it to be centered.

With the old incandescent bulbs in light housings that weren't completely waterproof you had to unplug your lights or replace a lot of bulbs. With the sealed lights on MC trailers it is not necessary to unplug.

-V-
03-27-2012, 10:35 AM

I have been on Lake Erie three times. Each time I launched out of a free ramp near Cleveland. Each time was fine. I even ventured out of the break wall the third time out. It was nice out. I just watch the weather so that I do not get caught up in some bad weather. I do know that if you plan on being farther out you have to have a different radio for weather and such. BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!! so don't quote me.

-V-
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
With the old incandescent bulbs in light housings that weren't completely waterproof you had to unplug your lights or replace a lot of bulbs. With the sealed lights on MC trailers it is not necessary to unplug.

I guess I have to look at my lights closer........

thatsmrmastercraft
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I guess I have to look at my lights closer........

This style light (LED or not) that slips into the rubber grommet is a sealed unit that can be left plugged in while launching. Makes loading after dark easier if your ramp has poor lighting.

bjames
03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Bjames, where was the 3rd picture taken at?

Het BrianT, al the photos were taken at Wabamum Lake.

CantRepeat
03-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm sure there will be many who disapprove of the strapless pullout, but here is a very short video of my buddy Bryan power loading his 1985 Stars & Stripes using a crash pad system he designed and we all run on our trailers. Steep ramps require a strap hookup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLAiLgPvJc

Meh, it's his boat. I don't care if it falls off the trailer unless he blocks my ramp. :D

Barefooter92
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
WATERBUG: The dude has got to go ABSOUTLY NO SMOKING in the boat!

willyt
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiIHS5EMvRY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Who needs a launch ramp anyway?

tmacx2
03-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Double D - was that video at Salt Fork?

mikeg205
03-27-2012, 01:08 PM

oye...dat's aughsum!!!! good find.... LMAO...

Lars
03-27-2012, 01:21 PM

That's all well and good until you realize either A) you forgot the plug or B) engine doesn't start. :D

Double D
03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Double D - was that video at Salt Fork?

Yes it was. The lake we usually go to for a family day or when Berlin gets too low.

Go there often?

bobx1
03-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Per the trailer lights...

My buddy's MC trailer would lock the brakes if you unplugged from the vehicle. Dont know about mine as I have never unplugged it from the truck. I still unplug my jetski trailer out of habit since it does not have brakes.

tmacx2
03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Thought I recognized the morning glory ramp. Love Salt Fork. That was the only place I boated for years until 2 years ago. Started going to Apple Valley. It's the same distance to Apple Valley as it is to Salt Fork for me. Plus I don't have to trailer the boat. They have indoor storage there and launch and recover the boat for me. Spoiled me. Do you ever go to Milton? One of my buddies is trying to talk me into going in with him on a house there.

Double D
03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Thought I recognized the morning glory ramp. Love Salt Fork. That was the only place I boated for years until 2 years ago. Started going to Apple Valley. It's the same distance to Apple Valley as it is to Salt Fork for me. Plus I don't have to trailer the boat. They have indoor storage there and launch and recover the boat for me. Spoiled me. Do you ever go to Milton? One of my buddies is trying to talk me into going in with him on a house there.

Ah yes, Apple Valley. Somewhat private lake, right? Spoiled is OK.

I have been to Milton once and was in a hurry to get off. The only reason I say that because I am SPOILED when it comes to water. The place I ski on Berlin is much better than Milton, for skiing. However, if I was to live on a lake, I would say Milton would be a good place as long as you can use it during the week. Its a smaller open lake that could get crazy but if there is a house involved and you can put in any evening, then I think it's good. Of course it also helps that they dont drop the water level during the summer anymore.

Where I am guessing you live, would that make sense for you?

waterbug
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
WATERBUG: The dude has got to go ABSOUTLY NO SMOKING in the boat!

He knows that's the rules... And he thinks it's a stupud rule. Told him to go buy his own and they can do whatever they want. He couldn't respond to my comment

jdl xstar
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Walking back to boat after parking the trailer.

tmacx2
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Ah yes, Apple Valley. Somewhat private lake, right? Spoiled is OK.

I have been to Milton once and was in a hurry to get off. The only reason I say that because I am SPOILED when it comes to water. The place I ski on Berlin is much better than Milton, for skiing. However, if I was to live on a lake, I would say Milton would be a good place as long as you can use it during the week. Its a smaller open lake that could get crazy but if there is a house involved and you can put in any evening, then I think it's good. Of course it also helps that they dont drop the water level during the summer anymore.

Where I am guessing you live, would that make sense for you?

Doesn't make sense right now but I am eventually moving to the Cleveland area within a few years. Also have a few friends that boat at Milton, most of my family is still in Youngstown and my buddy found a great house so considering it for all those reasons.

GT500 MC
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
He knows that's the rules... And he thinks it's a stupud rule. Told him to go buy his own and they can do whatever they want. He couldn't respond to my comment

Besides, who notices the guy in the boat smoking???? :D

All I noticed was the 3 hotties in there.....nice work....

02ProstarSammyD
03-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Besides, who notices the guy in the boat smoking????

All I noticed was the 3 hotties in there.....nice work....
kind of what I was thinking. Different strokes I guess haha

MasterKraftS&S
03-27-2012, 05:25 PM

Maybe it's me - funny how the 3 babes on the dock seem completely oblivious to the 2nd vessel approaching. Now, I know those 2 very capable dudes in the boat don't need any help BUT . . Looking forward to surrounding myself with pretty girls who don't seem to have a care in the world once they hit the dock! As it should be!

CantRepeat
03-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Teach one of those hotties to back and park a trailer!!!

SpryBeast
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Waiting my turn behind my uncle on a private beach at Bear Lake, UT. There's no ramp and it's shallow for quite a ways so the truck stays there all the time as the launch vehicle.

jweischen
03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Jordan Lake , NC

airdrew99
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Here is the '91 ProStar I used to own on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Ar.

93Prostar190
03-28-2012, 12:02 AM
One of the 03 X2 at Alum Creek OH and a not so good one of the 07 x2 at Colchester ON, Lake Erie...

Sweet pics ... Just a few miles from my house!

Barefooter92
03-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Waiting my turn behind my uncle on a private beach at Bear Lake, UT. There's no ramp and it's shallow for quite a ways so the truck stays there all the time as the launch vehicle.

(No.3)What a great shot, that set up is sweet.

bturner2
03-28-2012, 07:31 AM
I liked Alum Creek a lot at 6 in the morning to about 11am (willyt, you need to check Alum Creek out). We used to ride in the very north section up by 36. we'd drop in at the Cheshire ramp and throw a rope a 100' outside the no wake zone and take off. Best days were when the weather was a bit questionable so that the local boat nics would stay off the water. That whole section up by 36 was a great run for Wakeboarding and surfing. Deep water and pretty well protected by trees and steep shoreline.

Only problem with Alum is that past 11 the idiots come out in force and all bets are off. We used to call it the Alamo because during normal boating hours every outing could end up being your last stand. Tons of jet skis and people who have no idea how to handle a boat. It seemed like every year we were out there, there was some kind of tragedy (jet skis crashing into each other, overloaded fishing boat capsizing and people drowning, etc.). It's also an entertaining place to go watch ramp antics. I saw two occasions where people played "U-boat commander" with their tow vehicles.

Found a shot of the ramp and that strech near 36.....

02ProstarSammyD
03-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Jordan Lake , NC
how is it out there? I'm a falls guy but Jordan is closer to my office for after work runs

willyt
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I liked Alum Creek a lot at 6 in the morning to about 11am (willyt, you need to check Alum Creek out). We used to ride in the very north section up by 36. we'd drop in at the Cheshire ramp and throw a rope a 100' outside the no wake zone and take off. Best days were when the weather was a bit questionable so that the local boat nics would stay off the water. That whole section up by 36 was a great run for Wakeboarding and surfing. Deep water and pretty well protected by trees and steep shoreline.

Only problem with Alum is that past 11 the idiots come out in force and all bets are off. We used to call it the Alamo because during normal boating hours every outing could end up being your last stand. Tons of jet skis and people who have no idea how to handle a boat. It seemed like every year we were out there, there was some kind of tragedy (jet skis crashing into each other, overloaded fishing boat capsizing and people drowning, etc.). It's also an entertaining place to go watch ramp antics. I saw two occasions where people played "U-boat commander" with their tow vehicles.

Found a shot of the ramp and that strech near 36.....

Only been to alum once, and it was when the weather was questionable. I think we stayed pretty far south of 36 (these were the days before I had my boat, so I wasn't captaining). Always heard stories which turned me off to the place. Reminds me of brookville in Indiana where I used to go sometimes. I actually prefer rivers or really big finger lakes these days.

tmacx2
03-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Only been to alum once, and it was when the weather was questionable. I think we stayed pretty far south of 36 (these were the days before I had my boat, so I wasn't captaining). Always heard stories which turned me off to the place. Reminds me of brookville in Indiana where I used to go sometimes. I actually prefer rivers or really big finger lakes these days.

I've only boated at at a handful of different lakes but it seems like all of them get nuts on the weekends. The lake where I boat now is only 500 acres but it has a counterclockwise traffic pattern so you have a good idea where people are coming from and where they're going. You can turn back down the lake at anytime but once you make your turn you have to get back in the traffic pattern. I'm surprised more lakes or whoever governs them don't institute something like this. I think it would cut down the number of accidents. But even with the traffic pattern if it's busy I'm anchored or off the lake.

g-Dog
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Lake Almanor, CA...

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n616/gergas1/DSC04356.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n616/gergas1/DSC04358.jpg

Sodar
03-29-2012, 01:39 PM

That's pretty cool!