PDA

View Full Version : 2012 trailer guide pole

bcd
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone know about different guide pole options or trailer changes for 2012? I have the standard single axle trailer. My guide pole lines up directly with my gas fill. I can't get the gas nozzle in all the way, and it makes filling up a pain. So far, I've gotten by with stuffing a bunch of paper towels around the nozzle, but yesterday it didn't work so well and fuel sprayed everywhere. I was looking at boattrader today at other 2012 X-2's. I saw some with my issue, but then I saw this one, which has what looks to be the same trailer, only the guidepole is a good foot farther back. Here's a picture of my issue, and the boat online that doesn't have the issue.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Are you sure you boat is on the trailer all the way:rolleyes::D:D

Wow, someone at MC didn't do their homework

willyt
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I would look at how your guide pole is secured to the trailer. You might be able to loosen the two bolts that hold your guide pole, rotate the pole to one side to give yourself some more clearance.

bjames
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Do you have a photo showing the boat and trailer?

willyt
03-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Wait... How about you just remove the guidepole? Pretty sure they're designed to float off.

That and you need to get some guidepole covers on there... Don't want to scratch up that new boat