PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mods That Improved On OEM

holdenh2o
03-24-2012, 01:13 PM
In the spirit of DIY and CantRepeat's carbon fiber dash, I got to thinking: what custom mods have you done that turned out better than the factory/OEM? Maybe the thread could be a place where you show off your skills/expertise and let us know how you did it. Could be a pretty resourceful place for improving our MCs and spending more quality time on the water.

Pics and how-to's would be appreciated.

east tx skier
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
My 205 jump seat turned out well with a bow step and storage underneath.

bturner2
03-24-2012, 04:31 PM
My battery installation turned out way better than what was there when I got it. Looking to possibly relocate the rear pumps this spring if I can get myself in gear. I'm sure that will be better the the lame setup I have now.

holdenh2o
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Bturner, if you have a pic, I'd love to see it.

liledgy
03-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Having my rear seat cushion redone into 3 separate cushions. I never put the center one back in again! No more skiers stepping over or on the cushions again and always had 2 seats available. I borrowed the idea from a 1989 American skier advance.

BrooksfamX2
03-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Pictures required!

JLowder
03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Pictures required!

Serious! Where is the "this thread is useless without pictures" picture?

Lumbergh
03-24-2012, 11:36 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/picures.jpg

bturner2
03-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I posted my battery installationhere on TT some time ago. Got the parts from http://genuinedealz.com/ which was referenced by Sodar. Coupled the rewire with a Blue Seas "add a battery" kit along with a pair of Blue Tops. These batteries have taken a hit on this site but I believe a lot of the failures were due to incorrect charging, inability of the owner's charger to correctly charge the battery or misunderstanding on how to charge what appears to be a dead battery. The other thing I like about these batteries are the mounting options and the battery trays you can get. I've attached a (bad) picture of the ones I bought. I'm three seasons on this set up and no issues so far. Best upgrade I've done so far. Here's my before and after pictures.....

bturner2
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I also did the F2 jack last year which has worked out well. What I like about this mod was that you can adjust the lift of the jack. For whatever reason sometimes I would find that my jack wouldn't quite lift the tongue of the trailer high enough. The F2 allow you to set the beginning lift point so you can set it up to get additional travel. I know this sounds like a minor thing but when you have to bust a nut to get your trailer hooked up one day you'll be ready to upgrade. I posted this upgrade also and both can't repeat and my brother in law are making/selling the adapter plates. It's kind of amazing how many of these we're getting requests for.

bturner2
03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Here's a picture of the mounting plate I had mad to mount the Blue Seas setup for my battery installation. Nice to have access to a waterjet.....