PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Opinions

6ballsisall
08-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok, I really like the Johnson Biminis and all but in all your opinions what makes them worth more than say the ones you can buy at Overtons? I have never bought a bimini before so don't have a clue about what to look for when buying one. Please give advice if you have knowledge on the subject

Workin' 4 Toys
08-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Ok, I really like the Johnson Biminis and all but in all your opinions what makes them worth more than say the ones you can buy at Overtons? I have never bought a bimini before so don't have a clue about what to look for when buying one. Please give advice if you have knowledge on the subject
Mine was $750.00 and installs to the windshield frame. Done by the dealer I believe but could have been done at the factory. I have seen the exact brackets I have on my frame in Ovrtns. It works awesome, completely collapsable. I am not sure about the top frame for yours. Perhaps you could measure the difference and go from there.

BriEOD
08-14-2005, 07:49 AM
If you could put the two side by side Jeff you'd see. No BS.

east tx skier
08-14-2005, 07:36 PM
If you're going to spend that much money, contact your local MC dealer and ask them what kind of deal they'll cut you on an OEM top. The fit is pretty great. I got them to throw mine in as a package deal and it was less expensive than the Johnson top. ($400 approx.).

BradD
08-14-2005, 07:47 PM
East, do you have a picture of your boat with the top up? I have a 205 and would like to see how high your top is.

bikeman
08-16-2005, 08:50 AM

I have a navy bimini from johnson's that was on my 95 PS 205 for about a year before I put a tower on it. Its been sitting in my garage for about two years now. It has the zipper for a extended pylon - I paid $650 before shipping and would sell it for $225 plus shipping if you're interested.

Edit - tried posting pic, no luck, reply and I'll e-mail.

Thanks!
Chris

badboy132
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Email me a pic please at jwsc@frontiernet.net

Thanks!

Jeff