PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Value '93 190 LT1 / PowerSlot - High Hours

inboardnewbie
03-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi board,

First post and I'm interested in some expert advise on a boat with high hours. I'm currently looking at a '93 ProStar 190, LT1 and powerslot. 2000 hours. Boat was always stored indoors and is very clean. It appears like good maintenance was performed. A nice dual axle Dorsey trailer is underneath the boat.

Asking price is around 11.5k.

11.5 seems like a typical price for early 90's 190s in good condition with much lower miles (say 400-600 typically.) I'm trying to get a handle on a suggested discount that would be applicable to having 2000 miles on an LT1 motor.

Interested in your opinions!

Regards,
Steven

Boilr
03-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Steven,
I am definately not an expert, but you are correct on the typical pricing of $11,500. I am trying to sell my 93 Prostar 190 (with 402) hours and called many dealers trying to get an idea of a fair price. The common message I got was that a boat of that age in good condition with average hours should go for around $10,500. Then you start adding or subtracting values based on what it is worth to you/ buyer (trailer, low hours would be a plus) (poor interior/exterior condition, high hours you subtract). Bottom line, do you feel confortable with the price for what you are getting. Hope this helps.

Jerseydave
03-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi board,

First post and I'm interested in some expert advise on a boat with high hours. I'm currently looking at a '93 ProStar 190, LT1 and powerslot. 2000 hours. Boat was always stored indoors and is very clean. It appears like good maintenance was performed. A nice dual axle Dorsey trailer is underneath the boat.

Asking price is around 11.5k.

11.5 seems like a typical price for early 90's 190s in good condition with much lower miles (say 400-600 typically.) I'm trying to get a handle on a suggested discount that would be applicable to having 2000 miles on an LT1 motor.

Interested in your opinions!

Regards,
Steven

IMHO unless it's a stars & stripes or a 25th limited that price is a bit high for a '93 with 2000 hours. There were not many LT-1 powerslots in '93 so that in itself may make the price higher, but that engine will need to be freshened up soon I would think.

Do you have any pics or a link to the ad?

Cloaked
03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
2000 hours is not bad, it's just not as low as you can find for $11.5k.

LT-1 means nothing to me other than a power plant, just like the 351. Difference? yes. Decision maker? No. I always lean toward the Ford engine.

Condition of the boat is what I look for. Someone could be wanting you to absorb the depreciation on their end OR they are looking for their money back on recent upgrades. Those will always be sunken costs. My market indicator at 2000 hours says $9,000. Powerslot is a nice feature but not a deal maker or breaker. For $11.5K you can find a machine with a lot more life left in the engine and still pull skiers where no one will know the difference in the engine. I'd be patient and look around. Plenty of boats out there to be had...

I recently bought a 93 in pristine condition, 420 hours, needs nothing other than personal preference dressings... $11k.

Here's another indicator that I feel is much more in line with my market indicator. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=824471&postcount=1

inboardnewbie
03-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Hello all,

Thanks for the replies - I appreciate the feedback. Good points, all. Hopefully, I'll end up with something soon and be back to share!

-Steven

Lumbergh
03-25-2012, 11:01 AM
That seems high to me for both the age and hours.

Nothing to see here, move along...

jipster43
03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
If the boat has been well cared for and passes a pre-buy inspection, I would be willing to pay $10,500. But that's me. I have a fetish for '93 Prostars with the LT-1/Powerslot combo.