PDA

View Full Version : Please post your dual battery set up.

acguy714
03-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Looking to add amp, and a few speakers with a second battery and a bw relay. I'm curious where I'm going to put my second battery. I have a 91 maristar 210 with a PVC molded deep sump battery tray. I'm curious to see anyone with the same set up that has a dual battery installed would like to see your pics...:guitar:

02ProstarSammyD
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Ill get some pics up this weekend but I got one of these

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2411270001P?sid=IDx20101019x00001 a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM2411270001

and mounted it right behind the deep well and then mounted my amps behind the battery tray on that wall. Basically keeps the amps/wiring protected from anything rolling around and makes for a nice neat wiring setup with one side for storage

CantRepeat
03-22-2012, 09:52 AM
I believe the 91 Maristar has the single battery under the middle rear seat. If his was like mine, he has two swivel seats up front. There is no inclosed space up front for batteries like in a a prostar.

I would think the only way to install dual batteries in this boat would be to cut into the floor off one of the other two rear seats and glass in well like in the middle seat.

02ProstarSammyD
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
I blame my retardation on lack of coffee and a hangover. isn't there storage compartments under the rear bench? Has to be deep enough for a battery

acguy714
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I blame my retardation on lack of coffee and a hangover. isn't there storage compartments under the rear bench? Has to be deep enough for a battery

Yes, you are correct. I only have a deep storage under the middle bench seat. I don't think a battery would fit on the starboard or port right rear bench that's why I was hoping someone with a 91 maristar might have already done this modification...

acguy714
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I believe the 91 Maristar has the single battery under the middle rear seat. If his was like mine, he has two swivel seats up front. There is no inclosed space up front for batteries like in a a prostar.

I would think the only way to install dual batteries in this boat would be to cut into the floor off one of the other two rear seats and glass in well like in the middle seat.

Bingo....that's exactly my set up...

CantRepeat
03-22-2012, 12:19 PM

It's 3 seat cushions in the back and only middle has a deep enough spot for a battery.

acguy714
04-06-2012, 12:28 AM
So I m guessing no one is running a dual battery set up on Maristar? I was just curious because I didnt find a good place to mount....

-V-
04-06-2012, 07:41 AM
I am. both batteries are sitting under the side rear seat (not the cooler) that is where both batteries and the isolator is.

CantRepeat
04-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I am. both batteries are sitting under the side rear seat (not the cooler) that is where both batteries and the isolator is.

You're boat is a lot different then the 91/92 Maristar 210s. There is no side seating or cooler location.

OP, the only thing I could recommend is fabbing up a place under one of the rear seats but you're gonna need to cut into the floor. Just be sure you are not cutting into the stringer and you should be fine.

acguy714
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
You're boat is a lot different then the 91/92 Maristar 210s. There is no side seating or cooler location.

OP, the only thing I could recommend is fabbing up a place under one of the rear seats but you're gonna need to cut into the floor. Just be sure you are not cutting into the stringer and you should be fine.

Thanks I was just taking measurements today for that same area you just mentioned.

mtajpa
04-17-2012, 12:08 AM
My Maristar 230 sport I used the Blue Seas Add a battery kit. Cranking battery is located under the left rear seat. The second stereo was located in the left rear locker. It was to tight to try and fit both batteries under the seat and still keep the covers over the batteries.

Brian B
04-17-2012, 12:33 AM
I have dual blue top Optimas in the starboard ski locker. I'm going to move them to under the observers seat and use these brackets

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=optima+battery+bracket&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=709&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4745511824244378129&sa=X&ei=SfKMT738MePS2QW2o6GYDA&ved=0CKQBEPMCMAQ

pram
04-17-2012, 12:43 AM
:d

acguy714
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
My Maristar 230 sport I used the Blue Seas Add a battery kit. Cranking battery is located under the left rear seat. The second stereo was located in the left rear locker. It was to tight to try and fit both batteries under the seat and still keep the covers over the batteries.

I like it, however my 91 maristar will not fit a battery on the eft or right side of the rear seat with out cutting into the top can floor board. What I did was take the original center battery tray out and mod' d it to allow two batteries to fit it the one tray. I ten took diesel write up and added at BW relay in the bilge compartment near the engine cover hinges and wired the batteries in parallel and broke the positive using the relay. The batteries are in there so snug, no need for a tie down. I ll probably put something on there for my own piece of mind. It came out great. I ll post a few pictures tomorrow for the next person that might have this question.

acguy714
04-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Well I finished and took some photos. There is a relay in this system that I did not take photos of as I just plain forgot and covered it already. The batteries are separated on a relay per diesel's write up. Just as a added precaution I added a battery switch as well just for my own piece of mine when the boat is in storage. The switch is only breaking the main battery from the starter and constant hot. If anyone has a 91 maristar the batteries will fit side by side in nthe same tray with a little modding.

izzydog
08-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Can'tRepeat- do you have any photos of your battery setup? I am adding 2nd battery and BlueSea isolater/switch to a 2000 Maristar. I am having trouble figuring out what kind of cables and terminals I need
Thanks!