PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel rub rail - installation?

bigmac
08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
My 2004 Maristar came with the black rubber rub-rail, but I see that the rubber insert can be replaced with the stainless steel one as a MasterCraft aftermarket item.

Anyone here ever install a stainless rub-rail on a late-model MasterCraft? What's involved? Is it as simple as it looks, or PITA?

Jim@BAWS
08-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Stainless Rubrail requires the insert and the HOLDING rubrail
Not just the stainless insert. A very time consuming job. I can get you all the stuff needed...but be ready for a afternoon of work or more

Looks VERY VERY Sharp

Jim@BAWS

My 2004 Maristar came with the black rubber rub-rail, but I see that the rubber insert can be replaced with the stainless steel one as a MasterCraft aftermarket item.

Anyone here ever install a stainless rub-rail on a late-model MasterCraft? What's involved? Is it as simple as it looks, or PITA?

bigmac
08-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Stainless Rubrail requires the insert and the HOLDING rubrail
Not just the stainless insert. A very time consuming job. I can get you all the stuff needed...but be ready for a afternoon of work or more

Looks VERY VERY Sharp

Jim@BAWS
Thanks Jim. I've already had the experience of replacing a portion of the holding rub rail for the rubber insert (don't ask)...so I know about the PITA factor there. I think I'll think about it for a little longer... :rolleyes:

erkoehler
08-13-2005, 03:46 PM
anybody got any pics?

bigmac
08-13-2005, 04:15 PM
anybody got any pics?This is all I've got - '06 230VRS.

http://mccollister.info/06maristar/hull.jpg

It also can be had with a white mounting rub rail (instead of black), which would very cool on some color schemes (picture from the MasterCraft by Design catalogue).

http://mccollister.info/06maristar/rubrail.jpg

WakeSeeky
08-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Anybody know how these hold up? I really like the look, but have heard they dent fairly easily? Just curious.

bigmac
08-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Anybody know how these hold up? I really like the look, but have heard they dent fairly easily? Just curious.

I had one on a 23 foot Century I/O that I owned for 12 years, through two teen-age boat drivers. They hold up great, impossible to dent, even for a teenager putting the boat in the lift on a windy day at 1/4 throttle.

WakeSeeky
08-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I had one on a 23 foot Century I/O that I owned for 12 years, through two teen-age boat drivers. They hold up great, impossible to dent, even for a teenager putting the boat in the lift on a windy day at 1/4 throttle.

Thank you! Finally someone who's actually had it. :D Good to hear, because I sure like how it looks.