PDA

View Full Version : new x25

mssr24
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
I just recently attended the boat show in sacramento and put a down payment on a 2012 x25. Very new to mc, currently i have a 2008 Sanger v215. Pending test drive on Friday i will hopefully be a new owner. Just wanted to post and see if i should look out for anything in particular? problems anyone has had? what does everyone think of the surf wake? i am getting the wake tabs and attitude adjustment plate along with the ballast. should that be enough for a good wake? i really don't want to add sacks. Any and all info much appreciated. First day on the forum!

Table Rocker
03-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I just recently attended the boat show in sacramento and put a down payment on a 2012 x25. Very new to mc, currently i have a 2008 Sanger v215. Pending test drive on Friday i will hopefully be a new owner. Just wanted to post and see if i should look out for anything in particular? problems anyone has had? what does everyone think of the surf wake? i am getting the wake tabs and attitude adjustment plate along with the ballast. should that be enough for a good wake? i really don't want to add sacks. Any and all info much appreciated. First day on the forum!Welcome aboard. Members will be along shortly with all kinds of info on the X-25, that is a very popular boat here.

I'm in the small wake section (ProStar) and know very little about the X boats, but this is a great forum with all the help you could ever need.

Again, welcome to the MasterCraft family and TeamTalk.

Rule #1) Post pics when you get her.

FourFourty
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Congrats! And welcome to TT.

You WILL need sacks for a great surf wake in the X25. The X25 is one of the better surf wakes in the MC lineup.

That being said, you will not find a boat that doesn't need extra weight to produce a great surf wake. They all need sacks....

The X25 has proven to be a great addition to the MC lineup. It is currently their most popular boat, And the stock wakeboard wake is the best in the MC lineup.

The Power Tower has been a bit problematic.... Other than that, no specific problems with the 25s that I have experienced, or heard of.

And......We are going to need pics. kthxbye

CantRepeat
03-21-2012, 10:20 PM
That being said, you will not find a boat that doesn't need extra weight to produce a great surf wake. They all need sacks....

This is without exception the truth to wake surfing.

Every thread, post, setup that I have ever seen has always needed more weight to make a great surf wave. The difference is how much, where at and how fast.

Welcome to TT. There are lot of guys/gals on here that are passionate about wake surfing and Mastercraft boats. Congrats on your order.

As said, there will be plenty of people in here to discuss your X25 wake surf set up.

This thread might get moved if it goes head long into some tech/how tos/or what if stuff.

We ALL would suggest you get to know the forums and where to get/ask the best questions/info.

Again welcome to MC world and TT.

JLowder
03-21-2012, 11:59 PM
I just recently attended the boat show in sacramento and put a down payment on a 2012 x25. Very new to mc, currently i have a 2008 Sanger v215. Pending test drive on Friday i will hopefully be a new owner. Just wanted to post and see if i should look out for anything in particular? problems anyone has had? what does everyone think of the surf wake? i am getting the wake tabs and attitude adjustment plate along with the ballast. should that be enough for a good wake? i really don't want to add sacks. Any and all info much appreciated. First day on the forum!

I ended up buying an X-45 at the show. Just playing the waiting game now. Congrats.

mssr24
03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
thanks for the info. test driving tomorrow at 11am. i hope all goes well.

sand2snow22
03-22-2012, 12:36 PM
It will. Please give us feedback on the differences between the Sanger and X-25. Looking forward to a nice write up :)

JLowder
03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
thanks for the info. test driving tomorrow at 11am. i hope all goes well.

Ok, so it's been over 4 hours since your demo, and we haven't heard your review. Come on, why the delay?:D:D:D