PDA

View Full Version : Smoking clearance deal on a 4 band parametric Eq.

swatguy
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I am not affiliated with Krypt at all however have run some of their hlcds and racks. Very impressed with quality. This is just too sweet of a deal to pass up. I mean its an absolute steal at this price and saw all the audio threads on budget. This is a copy of Wetsounds 420. Has every feature. The krypt speakers sounded great and their racks again are solid for the cash. My speakers are still running strong on a buddy's boat after going into season 5

http://www.bulletlines.com/Krypt-KMA-42EQ-Wakeboard-EQ-p/4555.htm

wrobins1
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
You just costed me a $112.35 by showing me a way to save a $180.... So thanks and s@rew you

BrooksfamX2
03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I like it, how hard is it to install?

rgardjr1
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I like it, how hard is it to install?

Fairly extensive install. I installed my Wetsound 420 on the lower right side of the dash. You've got to bring the RCAs from the head unit into the EQ and then back to the amps. Love the 420 for controlling the tower speakers.

swatguy
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
The install isn't hard, just time consuming as you have to run rcas and power leads assuming your batteries and amps are on passenger side. Again not complicated, it is straight forward, just time consuming for the wire runs

D3skier
03-21-2012, 08:17 PM
You just costed me a $112.35 by showing me a way to save a $180.... So thanks and s@rew you

now that's some funny sh!t right there.... 8p

BrooksfamX2
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Fairly extensive install. I installed my Wetsound 420 on the lower right side of the dash. You've got to bring the RCAs from the head unit into the EQ and then back to the amps. Love the 420 for controlling the tower speakers.

you could always mount it on the passenger side close to the amps and batteries......:cool:

BrooksfamX2
03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
well, theres $110 I hadn't planned on spending....damn you SG........8p

JRW160
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
That is a good deal. It's a shame they can sell these though. Such a blatant ripoff of the original ws420. They were even too lazy to change the external packaging and model number.

rgardjr1
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
That is a good deal. It's a shame they can sell these though. Such a blatant ripoff of the original ws420. They were even too lazy to change the external packaging and model number.

Pretty much their business model. HLCD speakers, EQs, under water lights, ect. ...

rgardjr1
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
you could always mount it on the passenger side close to the amps and batteries......:cool:

Main reason I bought the 420 was to be able to easily control the volume of tower speakers quickly while driving the boat. I took it one step further and added an HSE volume control that automatically attenuates the stereo based on RPMs. It's like perfect pass for the stereo. I knew that once I hung a pair of WS 485s on the tower that I needed to make it as simple as possible for my wife to control the stereo. I love the combination of the HSE and the 420. Unfortunately, the HSE is no longer being made. The alternative is the Boost Box which I believe uses bow rise and fall to accomplish the same thing.

g-mantrix
04-04-2012, 06:41 AM
I purchased this unit now just waiting for shipping to Aus. Does anyone know or heard when the pre order deal take effect?

luke_bradshaw
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
For the ignorant in terms of audio...the main feature is to differentiate the volume on the cabin speakers from the tower speakers, correct? Is the microphone easy to use?

I have the standard (2) JL Audio tower speakers and sub now on my '07 X-45...trying to decide what I should do to improve the system overall without buying an entire new system...

wrobins1
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I purchased this unit now just waiting for shipping to Aus. Does anyone know or heard when the pre order deal take effect?

The site states that it should ship the mid to end of April so I am guessing that it should be sent out in the next few weeks.

tstoll
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I talked to an employee and cant recall his name but he said they are planning on doing 3 day air on all pre orders to help.

Nutter281
04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I bit, that's an awesome deal - here's hoping it wasn't $100 out the window.

Actually, a rep from Hydrotunes in Austin, TX told me that while Krypt Audio essentially cloned the Wetsounds HLCD, it was Krypt who first landed the marine tower EQ and Wetsounds duplicated thereafter. Most likely a myth, but interesting.

Nice link!

Austin

Hydrotunes
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM
We would never have told you that, please correct your reply to these gentlemen.

swatguy
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't want to start a war or anything like that, but the info on the fact that krypt had the first eq is an absolute falsehood. Wetsounds has existed much longer than Krypt and Krypt pretty much "knocked off " all the Wetsounds stuff.

In this case to answer the question above an equalizer like this is 2 fold. It gives you the zone control to adjust you tower speaker volume sub volume and interior speaker volume all almost independently. I say almost because you have to have some volume to the interior speakers in order to adjust the sub. They can't be completely off and still have the sub working. They had to do this in order to save apace for all the other adjustments that I will explain latwr. The most logical thing they could do was tie the sub to the interiors rather then the tower speakers.

While I am not a stereo competition judge nor do I claim to be an expert in the matter I have some knowledge. I am not into huge loud stereos thumping 24/7. However after having held out and now finally installing the Ws 420 2 seasons ago it has made my system that much better and I will never so another boat stereo without one. Again me not being the stereo guru and one that just enjoys tunes the ws420 or in this case the krypt eq is an essential part of a stereo to me for those with tower speakers.

The second benefit is you can actually tune in you interior speakers differently that the towers. To me this is nice as I just tend to run just my tower speakers 75% of the time. It will allow you to adjust the mid, bass, highs and lows independently from the adjustments on the interior cabin speakers. While nit a huge deal at first glance it is once you get to the HLCD tower speakers of today. Their surface areas are much bigger than you inboats in most cases and they have different sound characteristics than the inboats. Again while I am not huge stereo guy or one on having top sounding gear and noticing minor sound quality differences, by being able to adjust both indepentky with regards to lows highs mids and bass it helps my system sound much more crisp and fluid. And for me if I can notice it I think everyone can appreciate its features. It does take a little time to dial it in however once you dial it in to the music genere you like most you will appreciate its features and sound and I think most people will thinks its worth every penny with an HLCD tower speaker setup.

Again he reason I feel this way is because I could notice a huge difference in performance with the addition of the 420 in my boat.

wrobins1
04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
The option I personally am most excited about is the ability to connect boats audio systems together. Mainly while rafted up allowing everyone to hear the same tunes and even independently control volume. This should help prevent having a loud boat and a quiet boat all the time or even worse two different songs at the same time.

Nutter281
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
PM sent to Hydrotunes rep - your rep did say that, and while my comment was intentionally benign, I wouldn't make a habit of calling customers liars.

Anywho, I am excited and hope this thing lives up to the hype!

Austin

hood158
04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
FYI - I just sent an e-mail asking what the expected ship date for these are since they're supposed to ship mid to late April. Ken responded back saying "As of right now, we are another 60 days out because of a defect in the unit. We just found out 30 minutes ago." I just wanted to pass along to everyone.

wrobins1
04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the update I was just getting ready to contact them.

BrooksfamX2
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, thats not what I wanted to hear, but I would rather have a working unit 60 days from now rather than a defective one now............

CantRepeat
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
FYI - I just sent an e-mail asking what the expected ship date for these are since they're supposed to ship mid to late April. Ken responded back saying "As of right now, we are another 60 days out because of a defect in the unit. We just found out 30 minutes ago." I just wanted to pass along to everyone.

Doesn't sound like a smoking hot deal now. :(

Nutter281
04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
This sounds like the sort of news that should be delivered to pre-order customers via email - 2 extra months is a long time to hold someone's money (though I haven't actually checked card statement to see if they processed the transaction yet).

Anyone else get this update?

thanks,
Austin

swatguy
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
2 months extra means I don't take the order. What a crock. That just plain sucks...that would be half my summer....would love to know what recall is.

I would have to think you can cancel your order

JRW160
04-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I would expect nothing less from such a stand up company.

milkmania
04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
one of the videos posted on their page for winch ropes
http://vimeo.com/6941295