PDA

View Full Version : SARDIS LAKE - North Mississippi

jrcarte78
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Trying to get some info on this lake. I'm in the process of selling my MC to a gentleman in Alabama. From looking at the map, this would be a good "meet in the middle" spot for us to get together and run the boat before he buys.

Does anyone have any experience on this lake? Any good info that could be relayed to someone in my situation?

bobx1
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
PM "Ole Miss Rebels", he should be able to help you out.

Another couple of hours south is the Resevoir (just outside of Jackson) if Sardis does not work out.

jrcarte78
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
PM "Ole Miss Rebels", he should be able to help you out.

Another couple of hours south is the Resevoir (just outside of Jackson) if Sardis does not work out.

Thanks--PM sent to OMR.

Anyone with any other insights I would still love to hear from.

Thanks everyone!

joyner1020
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Not sure where in Alabama the guy is coming from , but pickwick lake is at the top of Alabama and about 2 hours from Memphis ....Sardis is about hour and 20 minutes from memphis depending on where ur going on the lake ..If it were me and that boat is white and pretty , I WOULD NOT go to sardis . Your boat will come out redish brown even after an hour or two ..Pickwick is crowded but the water is cleaner ...
Another option is Baysprings over by the mississippi / Alabama line next to a town called Booneville ..Really nice clean water , but the lake is small ..

HRC
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Pretty much what Joyner said about the stains.
Also, Sardis gets rough with little to no wind. If you have to meet there, stay down below the dam on the lower lake, its big enough for a test run.

joyner1020
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Also, Sardis gets rough with little to no wind. If you have to meet there, stay down below the dam on the lower lake, its big enough for a test run.

Yeah , If u have to go to Sardis go to the lower lake and stay out in the middle , A buddy of mine ruined a X star back in 2001 the first day he had it ...Hit some submerged stuff and tore everything to pieces ....
The wind will wear u out if u go to the big lake , even on a good day :mad:

wakeX2wake
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Tenn-Tom Waterway is another really good spot just outside Iuka, Ms... the ramp is really easy to locate as US Hwy 72 crosses it and the ramps are right there w/ fairly open and clean facilities... it's a real hotspot for water sports folks too

SkiDog
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Trying to get some info on this lake. I'm in the process of selling my MC to a gentleman in Alabama. From looking at the map, this would be a good "meet in the middle" spot for us to get together and run the boat before he buys.

Does anyone have any experience on this lake? Any good info that could be relayed to someone in my situation?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Selling the X2! I want it back!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

jrcarte78
03-19-2012, 02:47 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Selling the X2! I want it back!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hey Dog--must have me mixed up with someone else.

No X2 for me..... Would like to upgrade to one though.... That's next on the agenda after this one is sold.

SkiDog
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey Dog--must have me mixed up with someone else.

No X2 for me..... Would like to upgrade to one though.... That's next on the agenda after this one is sold.

Sorry, I was thinking you were the one I sold my X2 to. Guys name was Carter, just not the same one.

jrcarte78
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Not sure where in Alabama the guy is coming from , but pickwick lake is at the top of Alabama and about 2 hours from Memphis ....Sardis is about hour and 20 minutes from memphis depending on where ur going on the lake ..If it were me and that boat is white and pretty , I WOULD NOT go to sardis . Your boat will come out redish brown even after an hour or two ..Pickwick is crowded but the water is cleaner ...
Another option is Baysprings over by the mississippi / Alabama line next to a town called Booneville ..Really nice clean water , but the lake is small ..

Yeah , If u have to go to Sardis go to the lower lake and stay out in the middle , A buddy of mine ruined a X star back in 2001 the first day he had it ...Hit some submerged stuff and tore everything to pieces ....
The wind will wear u out if u go to the big lake , even on a good day :mad:

Tenn-Tom Waterway is another really good spot just outside Iuka, Ms... the ramp is really easy to locate as US Hwy 72 crosses it and the ramps are right there w/ fairly open and clean facilities... it's a real hotspot for water sports folks too

I really appreciate all the feedback--sounds like Sardis is out. I'm going to look in to some of the other places mentioned.

Does anyone know of any other good places S/SE/E of Memphis?

jrcarte78
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I was thinking you were the one I sold my X2 to. Guys name was Carter, just not the same one.

No problem--wish it had been me....

HRC
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Enid Lake is a little farther south of Sardis. It's still a flood control lake but it's nicer than Sardis.

363COUPE
03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
What route will you be going? I'm right in the middle of all of the lakes mentioned.

jrcarte78
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
If the meeting happens, I would be taking 40 to Memphis and then taking the route to wherever we decide to meet. I'm leaning towards Tenn-Tom Waterway at this point.

363COUPE
03-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Yea, Tenn-Tom would be a good place to go. Stay in the channel though. There are numerous places that drop to 2-3ft just outside the channel markers.

rspiecha
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Burnsville, MS is between Memphis and Alabama on Highway 72. Burnsville has a ramp onto the Tom Bigbee waterway with a dock to help with people getting in and out.

1/2 the summer I'm at this location.