PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate in San Antonio

-V-
03-17-2012, 10:25 PM
just like it says..........anyone know of people in the housing market? Military is shipping me back to San Antonio and I really do not want to live on post. (you can't have a boat in your drive way or own a big garage)

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
just like it says..........anyone know of people in the housing market? Military is shipping me back to San Antonio and I really do not want to live on post. (you can't have a boat in your drive way or own a big garage)

They don't have on base storage? When I was stationed at nas norfolk they had on base storage for anyone with a boat, rv, trailer or motorcycle. you just had to go through the base safety course. I was discharged 6 years ago and the rules might have changed.

Fast50dad
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Put it in the "lemon lot" (for sale lot) and put a hefty price tag on it. Free storage!

-V-
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
They don't have on base storage? When I was stationed at nas norfolk they had on base storage for anyone with a boat, rv, trailer or motorcycle. you just had to go through the base safety course. I was discharged 6 years ago and the rules might have changed.

Yeah, they have on post storage, but what good is having something if you can't at least go out and "tinker" with ot every now and then. Besides, I might want to change something or do something and don't want to have to trailer her all over when I do not need to. And it's not free.

Put it in the "lemon lot" (for sale lot) and put a hefty price tag on it. Free storage!

Wish I could. Lemon lot has a price now. It is cheaper than on post storage but people would be inclined to climb all over it.

atlfootr
03-18-2012, 08:15 PM
If things ever change for you, I have a lake lot for sale in :) Florida!

-V-
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks but when I retire in 7 years I plan on staying in the Texas area if I can afford it. I really don't care for what salt water does to a boat.

pmkkdx
03-19-2012, 09:12 AM
my wife is in real estate / property management in the Georgetown market but might have a point of contact in the San Antonio area ... I know she does down in the Houston area ... let me see what I can find out from her.

are you looking to buy or rent/lease?

dfmaus
03-19-2012, 09:31 AM
My company just transferred headquarters from NC to SanAntonio - The rental market there is really tight. Basically you have to be ready to sign a contract the moment a property becomes available. There are a lot of properties, they just go very very quickly.

my wife is in real estate / property management in the Georgetown market but might have a point of contact in the San Antonio area ... I know she does down in the Houston area ... let me see what I can find out from her.

are you looking to buy or rent/lease?

-V-
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Looking to buy. I do not like renting because I like working and upgrading how I live. I also don't want to worry about depending on someone else to take care of something. Looking for a little land. Within 20-30 minutes of BAMC/Fort Sam Houston.

And just to add, I do have a Realtor but if anyone knows of any deals, or places that are out there FSBO, then send those this way. And if there is any addresses that would be cool too.

I want to be able to have a garage big enough to drive through with the tower up. I will probebly have to build it though.

stuartmcnair
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
You will have no problems finding land and housing to buy in SA. Wife is from there and her whole family lives there. Very iniexpensive market. You might want to look towards the Medina Lake area. Plenty of available land.