PDA

View Full Version : intake ducts and exhaust ducts ,hose routing on a 1988 tristar.info needed

pbgbottle
03-17-2012, 09:54 PM
not sure if this is in the right section or not .but i am looking for info about how all the ducting routed for the bow intakes and the rear exhaust vents . up front th4 bow intak ducting is just laying on the floor behind the paneling.where is it suppose to go to?
and on the rear exhaust /intake vents there is two ports per rear vent where do the hoses route from and too on these rear vents .also where does the engine compartment blower fit in here. ? any info would be great as i can't seem to figure it out . what did the front vents actually ? are these suppose to be frsh air intakes for the engine?

cheers pics attatched . front passenger left side ,front driver right side .
and a pic of how the rear vent has 2 ports in it so two ports per side on the rear also .
how many blower fans is there suppose to be ?

pbgbottle
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
the holes in the pic on the vetical walls is for the heater ducting to warm your feet up which i have removed for the time be.
and the hole in the floor on the passenger side just hits the fuel tank.

pbgbottle
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
bump

any buddy have info on how i am to run the hoses in this boat please.

homer12
07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone figured this out or knows? I found my blower broken on the bracket with a loose 2' piece of hose laying in the bilge. Some leftover from PO. I need to figure out how to route the blower vent out of the engine compartment?

pbgbottle
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
i think i figured it out for my tristar .left fron intake goes into passenger side footwell .through hole in floor to blow through the floor past the fuel tank into the engine compartment. driver side intake went to floor heater . my blower is mounted to a bolt on my water fuel separator bracket and the hose runs along the drivers side exhaust. and gets pinched betwen the battery mount and the hull by the battery cables and goes out the drivers side rear vent. and for the passenger side rear vent it also blows in and blows fresh air into the floor in the rear of the boat .the hose connects to the battery mount on the passenger side .there should be a plastic adapter bolted to the battery mount which the hose will twist into blowing fresh air into the rear bilge area .

this is what i could figure out by staring at all the broken pieces of hose i had in my boat and piecing them together. it seems to work good so at speed there is always a constant flow of fresh air entering into the engine cowling

cheers .

hairlesshacker
07-11-2012, 04:09 PM
This sounds right if I recall correctly. I think the blower only goes to the rear driver's side vent. I'll try to take a look at mine tonight; I assume 88 will be the same as my 90 tristar.

homer12
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
This makes sense what you're saying and based on what I see in mine. I'm confused why it looks like someone has pulled the vent hoses out of the back of mine though. I will see if I can route the hose that way tonight.

pbgbottle
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
they puuled mine out also . also on my rear vents the second port
i just found the hose laying in the side storage locker .i guess it blows air in there to to keep it dry also .

homer12
07-12-2012, 07:29 AM
After pulling things apart, I found the reason the blower vent was out. It looked like it had gotten really hot and almost melted right after it went past the battery and into the bilge. The way it is routed right next to the exhaust, would make sense why it looks like it got really hot. Bad design? I need to pick up some hose now to complete it.
The starboard rear vent was out of place, so I had to get that put back in witht the hoses as well.