PDA

View Full Version : UMP, Inside please ? for ya

DooSPX
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
UMP, I noticed in one of your posts that you have a new prop on your PowerSlot. What prop, and what size you put on?

thanks

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Doo,

I have a 91 prostar 351 V8 w powerslot. It had a 3 blade 14X18 prop on it. I replaced it with a ACME stock# 275 prop. Its a 4 blade 13.5 X17.5 CNC built prop. The results were amazing. This new prop is SO much less vibration. much less noise. and it handles like a dream. It also has more hole shot, its just quicker and snappier. I did alot of research before I bought. I checked with ACME, JOhnson, Michigan wheel. I asked people here too. I called and spoke with Bill Weeks at ACME who was just awesome to talk to. He was very helpful. I told him what kind of boat I had, the specs, and what I wanted. He recommended this prop and he did a great job. I love my boats performance with this prop.

benfits:

1.better hole shot, much quicker
2. MUCH less vibration
3. MUCH less noise
4. handles better, smoother steering, nice corners
5. holds speed better on corners.

If you have any further questions, please ask. I will do my best to help you. I get so much help out of this place, I like to be able to return the favor for someone else. :)

give bill a call at acme, he is your go to guy for a prop. lots of knowledge in his brain. nice guy too.

UMP

DooSPX
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
thanks, sounds like your a happy guy! :cool: what did it do to the top speed?

08-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Doo,

It dropped my top speed by 1 mph. thats the only downside, and its VERY minor in my book. I never run WOT anyway. To me its far more of an advantage to have more hole shot. You know, I have to admit that one time on the board here I said this: " I cant imagine needing more hole shot than I already have". someone said, "more is ALWAYS good" and they were right!!!

UMP

DooSPX
08-13-2005, 11:40 PM
so, bout 43 or soo... thats good. thanks. :D more trq (holeshot is good)
this is from a long time drag racer... currect setup is a 10.60's Camaro

;)

08-14-2005, 10:23 AM
43 is it. :)