PDA

View Full Version : Fuel issue

TheWebDude
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
So, '84 S&S used to run great, now it "fuel starves" around 5 ball in the slalom course and dies. It fires and idles fine. Carb was rebuilt two months ago, and it's been suggested that the fuel line be replaced. I plan to make a trip to West Marine for the USCG approved hose.

1) Anyone know the diameter of this line (boat is miles away right now and I'm u/a to check).

2) I'm going to have to "guestimate" the length needed as well, if you happen to know or have a reasonable guess

Thanks very much for listening, I'll take my answer off the air, and let you know if this fix works.

ski_king
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Mine is miles away also, but as I remember.....

My guess is 3/8 in. (http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MPI350-0386).

As for the length, 10 ft.? But I would buy at least 12 ft., it is cheap and you don't want a short hose.

SteveO
08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
The only fuel issue I got is that the dang stuff is going to put me in the poor house at the rate it keeps rising$$$$

Sorry for the threadjack. The Friday syndrome is kicking in. I think I'll have a drink soon.

jraben8
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Drinks... I'm in.

TheWebDude
08-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, the fuel hose replacement didn't take. It's on to the fuel pump, and a trip to my M/C repair guru...