PDA

View Full Version : Ski Nautique (Andy Mapple Icon)

Covi
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I am MasterCraft to the core!!! However I think I need to give some props to Ski Nautique, Andy Mapple Icon edition!!! WoW. Cool boat, and check out the engine box! LED's in the cup holders.

MasterCraft will always be top on my list followed closely by Nautique.

http://nautique.com/models/ski-nautique-200-mapple-icon/

Jerseydave
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Uh-oh! :D
Next thing you know somebody will post about a certain Corvette boat that another mfg. built years ago!

Quick, somebody post a pic of a super-clean Sammy Duvall Prostar! ;)

(ok, I do agree that CC is pretty nice.)

Can't wait to see what the new slalom machine from Mastercraft looks like though. I think we're all going to be blown away!

19_Skier
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Next thing you know somebody will post about a certain Corvette boat that another mfg. built years ago!

Can't wait to see what the new slalom machine from Mastercraft looks like though. I think we're all going to be blown away!

Yeah, there has to be a good reason why Marcus Brown wasn't at the Moomba Master's - he tweeted about a winter project and having no time to train.....

They had a Mapple Edition at the Toronto Boat show - really sharp looking but still prefer the lines of a prostar.

For 91K I wonder if you get free lessons from Andy as well?? :D:D

Covi
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Jersey,

Made me laugh. Not trying to stir the pot!!! But just given them a little weee bit of credit. Emphasis on weee. They do make a nice boat, I don't think anyone could argue that?

DooSPX
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM

You and me both Dave!

Covi
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, there has to be a good reason why Marcus Brown wasn't at the Moomba Master's - he tweeted about a winter project and having no time to train.....

They had a Mapple Edition at the Toronto Boat show - really sharp looking but still prefer the lines of a prostar.

Are you KIDDING ME 91K?! That's outrageous.

DooSPX
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM

:eek::eek::eek: That is insane for a closed bow 3 event boat!!!!!!!!!! CC must have their head up their *** on that. I understand all the "bling" and a mass produced autograph of AM, but they are nuts!

the new Prostar even if they bring back a SD whatever, better not be remotely close to that price!

snork
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
91k for a boat made with a chopper gun?
Plus it has a place to stash the fish'n rods

erkoehler
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Guess what, they sold like crazy! Only the top 14 dealers had the chance to buy.

We sold ours in a matter of weeks.

Hollywood
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the PS197 at the Chicago Boat show was in the 80s...

snork
03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Guess what, they sold like crazy! Only the top 14 dealers had the chance to buy.

Just goes to show even stupid people have money

03geetee
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Cool boat.

JTR

east tx skier
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM

It's all out of my reach. $91K or $80K.

Fortunately, I'm beyond satisfied with my old tug. Just replaced the spark plugs and impeller. Rubbed a little oil into the platform and am ready to head to the lake tomorrow night.

It is nice looking. But most of them are pretty nice looking.

Jerseydave
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM

I thought you were a Gekko dealer? :D

Jerseydave
03-13-2012, 09:07 PM
SD boat pics just to get this thread back to reality.........

SkiDog
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Thats just plain RIDICULOUS:mad::mad::mad::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1988 I paid $16,200 for a 25th anniversary Platinum Prostar. And I got NO discount! In 87, I bought a reg prostar, NEW, for $14,000.00 OTD!

CantRepeat
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
They only made 14 of them? lol, how eccentric must you be to buy one?

rholmes
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
The engine cover on it is bad @$$!

shepherd
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
What's so great about it? :confused:

Don't fall victim to the marketing BS. LEDs in the cupholders? Ooooh...... The engine box is cool, but not 91K cool. I think the thrill will wear off after the first few payments.

JLowder
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I am MasterCraft to the core!!! However I think I need to give some props to Ski Nautique, Andy Mapple Icon edition!!! WoW. Cool boat, and check out the engine box! LED's in the cup holders.

MasterCraft will always be top on my list followed closely by Nautique.

http://nautique.com/models/ski-nautique-200-mapple-icon/

I don't see the big deal. It's just a ski boat. Does anybody even do that anymore?:D8p:D

Barefooter92
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Got to admit this is a nice looking ride. But for $90K I could get a ski boat, wake boat, and a footin boat all complete with lifts and docks.

One should concider themselves lucky to see one in person with only 14 built.

...at the end of the day I am still glad to have my ole girl!

aquaman
03-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Nice tugboat.

CC does make a solid boat.....and Mapple is a legend.

Where's Marcus Brown?

The "ball" is now in MC's court.... :)

DemolitionMan
03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
It is a nice boat, but 91k?

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Just remember to be happy that people are out their spending too much money on boats. It makes the sticker shock all the less when those of us with used boats try to sell them for more than NADA value.

:)

My boat is not for sale.

19_Skier
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
It is a nice boat, but 91k?

That was the msrp on the webpage Covi provided....

Oh, and the one I saw was already sold!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
A cool looking boat no doubt, but at such a limited edition it has no bearing on the market. I suspect that most of these are bought by someone who will use it in a very limited manner. The price could have been $120,000 and all 14 would have sold.

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
A cool looking boat no doubt, but at such a limited edition it has no bearing on the market. I suspect that most of these are bought by someone who will use it in a very limited manner. The price could have been $120,000 and all 14 would have sold.

... which is why 197s are listed at 80K. After a certain point, there must be a numbness as to price that sets in along with complete disregard for the fact that you can have a gently used promo boat with low hours for under $40K. Maybe I'm relatively destitute, but even the promo boat prices seem nuts to me.

Look! A fantastic ski wake, superb tracking, fuel injection, gear reduction, and GPS cruise control for under $20K!!! (not for sale). ;)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YnzqZoe65ew/TgJUrr94aeI/AAAAAAAAEAU/cAjKYwyhPu8/s800/SNWakeat36.jpg

thatsmrmastercraft
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
... which is why 197s are listed at 80K. After a certain point, there must be a numbness as to price that sets in along with complete disregard for the fact that you can have a gently used promo boat with low hours for under $40K. Maybe I'm relatively destitute, but even the promo boat prices seem nuts to me.

Look! A fantastic ski wake, superb tracking, fuel injection, gear reduction, and GPS cruise control for under $20K!!! (not for sale). ;)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YnzqZoe65ew/TgJUrr94aeI/AAAAAAAAEAU/cAjKYwyhPu8/s800/SNWakeat36.jpg

Thankfully there are enough people buying new so the used market remains full. Nice wake, sir.

BrooksfamX2
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
It's a nice boat, but not for me..............

mikeg205
03-14-2012, 11:00 AM

Fortunately, I'm beyond satisfied with my old tug. Just replaced the spark plugs and impeller. Rubbed a little oil into the platform and am ready to head to the lake tomorrow night.

Old tug eastTX...she would be mad if she could here...lol :D :D

mikeg205
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Thats just plain RIDICULOUS:mad::mad::mad::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1988 I paid $16,200 for a 25th anniversary Platinum Prostar. And I got NO discount! In 87, I bought a reg prostar, NEW, for $14,000.00 OTD!

That same boat would cost $30K based on inflation...couple new extra's and $40K is reasonable...

mikeg205
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM

I am with you easttx - hard to believe the 190's have a smoother wake....30mph..

captain planet
03-14-2012, 11:16 AM

After I see it I'll let you know just how cool it is. ;)

87MCProstar
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Right there with ya, outside of some of the graphics lately there aren't many boats that I wouldn't buy...if I could sell my house and use that money to buy one :rolleyes:

O2BESOHUGE
03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Not For Me...too Boxey...the Clear Panel Will Look Like Crap On The Engine Cover In No Time, It Looks Like A Cheap Supra

Mastercraft Pro Star 197 All The Way!! Mastercraft, Better By Design!! This Proves It!

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I am with you easttx - hard to believe the 190's have a smoother wake....30mph..

Very smooth wake! Now here's the kicker, in my experience. The early and mid 90s 190 wake is a bit more flat, but not nearly as soft as mine. This is all just my opinion though. If you look closely, you can see the very gradual ramp up to the apex of the SN wake. My experience behind an early and mid 90s 190 is that it is very flat, but there's little to no ramp up to the apex. You just hit it. The little bit of a tail in the picture looks a bit bigger, but you just don't feel it, particularly since, at 15 off, you are behind it, and there is little to no turbulence behind it.

My fruitless attempts at the course happen at 30 mph. Wake crossings are not something I think about anymore. You just don't notice it, even if you are a bit out of position. I have a good friend with a 2010 197 TT. He says unequivocally that my boat has the softest wake he has ever skied. That's nice of him to say. His boat has a great wake. But I have to say, I like mine quite a bit.

Lots of good boats with great wakes out there though. I'll ski behind any of them if I get the chance.

This is 32 mph.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-v9Boo7GbijM/TgJUlSkyqrI/AAAAAAAAEAM/2KdaYWAH9oA/s800/SNWakeat32.jpg

aquaman
03-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Not For Me...too Boxey...the Clear Panel Will Look Like Crap On The Engine Cover In No Time, It Looks Like A Cheap Supra

Mastercraft Pro Star 197 All The Way!! Mastercraft, Better By Design!! This Proves It!

Ferrari has used glass covers/windows over there engines for years.....does'nt look too cheap.....or like crap.

I like the idea of an engine moonroof. Everbody likes to look at the "motor" on a boat. :)

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Ha! Maybe I've just spent a more time than some in Supras, but that comparison is not even close. And I'm admittedly not the SN200's biggest fan. But I do think that the 197 looks as good today as it did ten years ago. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Ferrari has used glass covers/windows over there engines for years.....does'nt look too cheap.....or like crap.

I like the idea of an engine moonroof. Everbody likes to look at the "motor" on a boat. :)

If only Ferrari would bring back a traditional manual gear box, I might consider buying one. 8p

shepherd
03-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Those, gentlemen, are awesome looking wakes.
Here's a tip: Shorten the line enough and the wake won't even matter! ;)

milkmania
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
looks like a $50,000 "titanium signature" to me

MIskier
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM

At short line lengths the wake doesn't matter much, but the trough and spray do matter. This is where the early 90's MC and CC fail to perform as well as current boats.

aquaman
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
If only Ferrari would bring back a traditional manual gear box, I might consider buying one. 8p

I was with you until i bought my new car. I had insisted that it have a manual trans.....until i tried the transmission that can be used in manual or auto mode.

far smoother and better mileage. and it is an 8 spd. transmission....sports sedan.

paddle shifters on sports cars are the New Traditional. ;)

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
I was with you until i bought my new car. I had insisted that it have a manual trans.....until i tried the transmission that can be used in manual or auto mode.

far smoother and better mileage. and it is an 8 spd. transmission....sports sedan.

paddle shifters on sports cars are the New Traditional. ;)

Different strokes. I just got back into a 6MT after several years without one. I hope I never have an automatic in my daily driver again.

8 speed? Lexus IS-F???

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Don't even have to do that. :)

aquaman
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM
bmw 5 series

east tx skier
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=shepherd;822447]Those, gentlemen, are awesome looking wakes.
Here's a tip: Shorten the line enough and the wake won't even matter! ;)[/QUOTE

At short line lengths the wake doesn't matter much, but the trough and spray do matter. This is where the early 90's MC and CC fail to perform as well as current boats.

That is my understanding, although I haven't bothered to test that theory. I need a boat that suits my longtime lifetime achievement aspirations. 8p

For what it's worth, I pulled a skier into 35 off behind my old 93 MC 205. He seemed pretty happy. My 98 SN has pulled several skiers through 38 off at 34 and 36 mph with smiles all around. This was one of those situations where I offered up the boat and let someone else do the driving.

Bouyhead
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Just remember to be happy that people are out their spending too much money on boats. It makes the sticker shock all the less when those of us with used boats try to sell them for more than NADA value.

:)

My boat is not for sale.

My thoughts excactly. I hope that the new MC has an MSRP over 80K and a blinged out version to one up the SN. Just makes an upgrade to a boat with Zero Off that much more realistic for me in my lifetime.

snork
03-14-2012, 10:43 PM
easttx wheres that river? I want to bring my sacked XStar there:eek:

east tx skier
03-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Nothing but snakes, gators and stumps in that Bayou ... Really. Last guy I gave directions to that spot to tore his prop up pretty bad. I just wouldn't feel right about it. And, yes, I'm there right now. :)

shepherd
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
easttx wheres that river? I want to bring my sacked XStar there:eek:

Nothing but snakes, gators and stumps in that Bayou ... Really. Last guy I gave directions to that spot to tore his prop up pretty bad. I just wouldn't feel right about it. And, yes, I'm there right now. :)

:uglyhamme

Gators like boarders. They're slow and easy to catch.

Panda Cub
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
That is a slick looking boat