PDA

View Full Version : Indamr Tstat Housing: How hard to change?

holdenh2o
03-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Trying to work on boat today: I see a little rust around the housing - nothing major - I'm just anal/ So, I'm wondering how hard is it to change? looks like I just have to remove the flame arrestor/air filter. Do I need to remove the throttle body(?), too? Is it simply unbolt and scrape; sealant/gasket and rebolt and reattach hoses?

mikeg205
03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Super easy on my '95 - I did mine cuz I was anal and repainted... glad I did, t-stat housing was pitting pretty well - so polished and replaced with new gaskets and sealant.

holdenh2o
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks.

Was it just unbolt and go from there?

Anyone have a step-by-step on the Indmar MCX?

mikeg205
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks.

Was it just unbolt and go from there?

Anyone have a step-by-step on the Indmar MCX?

Yes, you can see the pitting I polished out, the rest I filled with copper permatex sealant. Clymer manuals have the same instructions for up to 2003 for the book I have.

Lumbergh
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Super easy.

3 bolts, good to replace those with new SS. New gasket and thermostat. Done.

mikeg205
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Super easy.

3 bolts, good to replace those with new SS. New gasket and thermostat. Done.

have not done a thing in a month in a half...just itchin' to get on the water tuesday in illinois...

vogelm1
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Did mine last year on the '05 and was very easy. Just used a combination wrench. Did not have to remove the throttle body - however if you wanted to get a torque wrench on the housing bolts after reassembly, there is no room for socket access from above. In that case you would want to take TB off. I just snugged the bolts up with combo wrench and was careful not to over-tighten. Good to go.

mikeg205
03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Did mine last year on the '05 and was very easy. Just used a combination wrench. Did not have to remove the throttle body - however if you wanted to get a torque wrench on the housing bolts after reassembly, there is no room for socket access from above. In that case you would want to take TB off. I just snugged the bolts up with combo wrench and was careful not to over-tighten. Good to go.

so "goodandtight" again.. lol... :D :D :D