PDA

View Full Version : Holley 4160

learjet2230
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Fellas,
I'm selling my original Holley 4160. Story on this carb is it sat for 8 months because we had no water in the lake this past summer. It wouldnt idle properly but ran great at speed. I elected to just buy a new one. After taking it apart I found both main jets on the primary loose. I dont think it caused my problem, but probably contributed. Im also positive it has a plugged or restricted idle passage, I just didnt want to deal with it to be honest. So it needs a good deep cleaning and a rebuild and it should be fine. Make me an offer..you pay shipping. I will post some pics probably tomorrow. I'll even include a nice sticker! Any ?'s feel free either here or pm. Cheers!
Nik

Cloaked
03-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Fellas,
I'm selling my original Holley 4160. Story on this carb is it sat for 8 months because we had no water in the lake this past summer. It wouldnt idle properly but ran great at speed. I elected to just buy a new one. After taking it apart I found both main jets on the primary loose. I dont think it caused my problem, but probably contributed. Im also positive it has a plugged or restricted idle passage, I just didnt want to deal with it to be honest. So it needs a good deep cleaning and a rebuild and it should be fine. Make me an offer..you pay shipping. I will post some pics probably tomorrow. I'll even include a nice sticker! Any ?'s feel free either here or pm. Cheers!
NikPM........................

psychobilly
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Did the new holly fix your issue? The reason I axe is mine idles good but she don't like hole shots, just dies....

Cloaked
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Did the new holly fix your issue? The reason I axe is mine idles good but she don't like hole shots, just dies....
A fresh 4160 will do wonders for a nagging issue. Been there more than once. I hate to drop $500 on a new carb but it does put new life in performance after dealing with less than stellar performance.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM

Is you accelerator pump working? Perhaps no juice to provide the hole shot.

1redTA
03-11-2012, 08:52 AM
May want to check the spring that controls the secondary too. Mine was broken, the biggest loop was in attached, making the spring to light weight

learjet2230
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
PM........................

Clear your PM box as its full!

learjet2230
03-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Absolutely...Few seconds of cranking to fill the bowls and she idled like a champ. I have a few "tweaks" to do as I have a slight hesitation from cruising speed to full throttle. Been in contact with Holley and it has a pretty heavy spring in it so we are going to lighten it up. We thought it may be the accel pump cam but at that throttle setting the cam is flat and has no affect. I think the secondaries are "fluttering" in this situation if that makes sense. Out of the hole from idle it is just fine. Boat is out for interior and other stuff right now so will tune it in April/May. Thats why those pics I posted in another thread show the bilge so nasty.... Like I said in the first post, this old carb is fine, it just sat. I was caught off guard with the lake level dropping. Under my lift was dry dirt for about 6 mos. It just really needs to be deep cleaned and rebuilt. Cheers

learjet2230
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
hear ya go

thatsmrmastercraft
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Hasn't cloaked pulled the trigger on that yet???

learjet2230
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
yea but his pm is full and I cant respond....so i figured id post some pics in case.

Cloaked
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Clear your PM box as its full!
Use the e-mail address I provided please. It's in the recent PM. Thanks

Cloaked
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Hasn't cloaked pulled the trigger on that yet???
Working a deal now.. :D

Had to get back from church...

learjet2230
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Sold!!!!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Sold!!!!!!!

Thanks Nik.:toast: