PDA

View Full Version : Boat Scams

thughes
03-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Anyone know of any boat scams?
I found a boat on Ebay in another state and the response from the seller was this elaborate plan to ship me the boat with insurance.....and I can try it for 15 days.... I wrote back I would come and look at it and if I liked it, I would buy it and take it home. But I haven't heard a response

kskonn
03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes, that is one of them.

millpondkid
03-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Same thing I saw but it was reguarding a horse trailer out east. Excellent condition for a very resonable price. They responded right away with a sad story about her dad passing away and it was his and it just needed to go. They said they would ship it upon payment. I made up a story and said my brother lived out there and would stop and look at it. No response after two emails. Thieves

thughes
03-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Bummer, they are using pictures from a beautiful boat. As they say if its too good to be true, it probably is.
Thanks for the responses

SkiDog
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyone know of any boat scams?
I found a boat on Ebay in another state and the response from the seller was this elaborate plan to ship me the boat with insurance.....and I can try it for 15 days.... I wrote back I would come and look at it and if I liked it, I would buy it and take it home. But I haven't heard a response

Where's the ad? lets have some fun with this idiot!:D

eurosysytem0
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I am in the UK.Found a super X7 on the internet- Only 25 hrs. Boat located in London. Many photos. Guy said he was in Dubai on business only wanted a 1000 deposit to reserve the boat and said he would lower price if I paid in 5 days.

Saw in background Bay Area Water Sports sign. Contacted BAWS in US for history of boat. BAWS told me they had sold the bought to a guy down the road from them. Furthermore, it was still down the road from them in USA !!!.

Tried to play the seller along but he broke off all communication when I said I would drive to London to look at it. All the web adverts disappeared.

I reported him to police- nothing happened!.

They really are b*****ds.

Skipper
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Bloody scammers! Shoulda used their photo editing software.

scott023
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Really have to be on top of your game when searching for things to but these days. Far too many a$$es out there.

lanep82
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Best advice:

ONLY deal is cold, hard, cash. If they want to give you a money order, great.......personally bring it to your bank and don't let them take possession of boat until it's gone through.

99% of scams happen with people who aren't able to meet in person..........another tid-bit