PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum and Mastercraft

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying this mild winter and looking forward to an early spring and summer!

I am new to this forum, I have been lurking on this forum for about two months as I began searching for my first wake boat. I have posted a few items here and there and inquired about a few boats for sale. And after going through a few Nautiques and Malibu'sm I ended up just getting my dream boat. This 2004 Xstar. Its new to me. My dealer has been awesome and look foreward to finally getting out on the water. Thanks for all you guys who routinely post on this forum as all your input was definately taken into consideration as I tirelessly researched boats, and questions to ask about MC's. It was very helpful.

As I know how much you all love pictures, here is my new baby..

1redTA
03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
NICE boat!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Not that is a heck of a way to break into the MC family. :cool:

bjames
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Wecome!! Any more pics to share? Sweet boat!

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Here is a few more pics. It is all i have right now. It has the Fusion speakers in the middle, and since they are so cheap on eBay right now i am considering getting two more pair of the 6.5's to put in the stock cans. We will see. Took a lot for me just to get this boat. But definately happy its mine.

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Not sure why that posted upside down...

mikeg205
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah - nice way to break into the MC family...woot woot... what do you board on???

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah - nice way to break into the MC family...woot woot... what do you board on???

Right now I have a Ronix Vault. Looking to put some Ronix One Bindings on it.

mikeg205
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I picked up a hyperlite marek bio... still going use the entry level remix binding until next summer and then decide to go with a Team binding or jump up to the System Binding... Nice Board.

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Nice! Yea i was thinking about getting the Marek Boots with their new system, cause its more like a snowboard binding. I think it would translate well for me in feel and control. Know anyone who has ridden them?

mikeg205
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice! Yea i was thinking about getting the Marek Boots with their new system, cause its more like a snowboard binding. I think it would translate well for me in feel and control. Know anyone who has ridden them?

unfortunately, not... someone hear probably rides it tho'

BrooksfamX2
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Very nice! great color..........

astar347
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
why can i not log in (new member) and see pics of the boats and stuff on showrrom...says unexpected error occurred

Jerseydave
03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats and welcome! Nice X-star (I have an '05)
You're going to love that boat. What engine do you have? Any extra ballast?

Take a pic of the rudder.....if the original owner never upgraded the rudder with the larger new style you're going to want to do that. She will turn and handle much better that way.

MIskier
03-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Where do you boat at? Looks like the boat came from awes in hudsonville

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Congrats and welcome! Nice X-star (I have an '05)
You're going to love that boat. What engine do you have? Any extra ballast?

Take a pic of the rudder.....if the original owner never upgraded the rudder with the larger new style you're going to want to do that. She will turn and handle much better that way.

Hey thanks for the input. When I get a chance i will get a pic up or PM you with one, and see if i need to upgrade. Also, I heard some people mentioned they also re-propped?

It has the 5.7 MCX in it. No extra ballast, but i think we will be ok with the stock ballast. My knees wont allow me to go flying anymore, on snow or water. And im already in Love! Lol

mlawler34
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Where do you boat at? Looks like the boat came from awes in hudsonville

I boat mainly at Lake Fenton, in Fenton, MI. This is the XStar from Actions Hudsonville Store.

Lakeside09
03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Very nice boat. Congrats and welcome to the family!

Jerseydave
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey thanks for the input. When I get a chance i will get a pic up or PM you with one, and see if i need to upgrade. Also, I heard some people mentioned they also re-propped?

It has the 5.7 MCX in it. No extra ballast, but i think we will be ok with the stock ballast. My knees wont allow me to go flying anymore, on snow or water. And im already in Love! Lol

After trying several props, I am happy with the OJ 14.75 X 15.5
I use a 14.25 X 14.5 as my spare but the rpm's are higher with it.
If you have a 13.7 X 17 take it off. It's only good for cruising/high speed runs (barefooting)

Stock ballast is good, run that plus (2) 400# sacs in the rear lockers for a wake with more lip. This plus 8-10 people on board and you're golden! :D

mikeg205
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I boat mainly at Lake Fenton, in Fenton, MI. This is the XStar from Actions Hudsonville Store.

That's a great area. You get to boat in non muddy water :D

I like the folks at Action Sports, if I had the means - my new PS 197 (in my dreams) would be purchased from them... :D

mattb
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM

I was just going to say I noticed the Action sticker. I'm in Milford and looking forward to taking out my new-to-me pro star. Congrat's on the purchase! Great looking boat!

mlawler34
03-09-2012, 08:50 AM
That's a great area. You get to boat in non muddy water :D

I like the folks at Action Sports, if I had the means - my new PS 197 (in my dreams) would be purchased from them... :D

Well its not the clearest water in the world but it definately is not muddy! But we definately enjoy it and swim often in the cove!

The guys at Action were great. The boat was in Hudsonville, i put a deposit on it and they shipped it to the Fenton store for me to inspect, both stores worked great together with me to get the deal done. I stop in all the time (buying new wake equipment for the Family), and the first thing they say is hey its still in the heat back there go take a look! lol I love it.

mlawler34
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I was just going to say I noticed the Action sticker. I'm in Milford and looking forward to taking out my new-to-me pro star. Congrat's on the purchase! Great looking boat!

Thanks! And congrats on the new pro star. Where do you boat at?

mlawler34
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Anybody got any input on putting the old Fusions (cheap on eBay right now) in the stock cans that are still on the boat? I think they are definately better than the Clarions, and it would be nice to have them matching all the way across. Thoughts?

willyt
03-09-2012, 08:58 AM
See David's response to Cumberland X star in the audio maintenance section.

mlawler34
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Yea I read that post, but I guess i dont want to get into trying to sell everything off my tower then having to find a way to fill the existing 4 holes where the stock speakers were. Then buy a complete wetsounds set up. Im thinking ill buy a new tower in a few years and then do wetsounds.

mattb
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks! And congrats on the new pro star. Where do you boat at?

Thanks! This is my first season with my own boat, and no lake house. I plan on trailering it around to lakes in our area. I'm not really set on a place yet, so maybe i'll see you around.

mlawler34
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
No Lake house for myself either. Im lucky a family friend who lives on Lake Fenton allows me to dock there all summer and in exchange we store his boat indoors all winter. Nice little trade off.

And if you ever up on Lake Fenton, PM me or just come find the boat! If its nice, im out there! Only all red XStar on the lake!

mattb
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
That's a great trade off! I'll have to head out that way sometime. I'll shoot you a PM when the summer nears.

TXMC-06X2
03-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Welcome. Good Looking Boat!!!

Heelgrad
03-09-2012, 01:14 PM

Wow, I grew up in Highland when I was much younger back in the mid to late 70s. Used to cruise over to Milford with my dad and brother to run errands and hang out. Small, small world that's for sure. How's life up there these days? Haven't been up there in forever.

orbeamlb
03-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Great looking boat. Welcome to the MC family.