PDA

View Full Version : X25 with Swim Ladder Under Platform???

MASTIQUE
03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have the under platform ladder for their X25 or maybe X35? I want to see if the top brackets intersect with the MasterCraft logo on the platform pad on top. Do they clear it or cover part of the lettering up? Pics would be sweet!

MattsCraft
03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
The MC platform ladder mounts completely under the platform. (center) Out of all the "Over the Top" billet etc. MC uses, the ladder is the cheapest piece of... they make. I opted not to get it for 3 reasons.:twocents:

The MC platform is really close to the water, really not needed
Pretty cheaply made for the price
Had one on my last boat, and everyone forgot to put it back up - Running joke in our family "Ladders Down" every time you just get on plane:rolleyes: My kids still get me with that one and it has been 4 years without a ladder.

MASTIQUE
03-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure they buy it from GG Schmidt / Windline or someone like that, that makes them for the marine industry. I don't think they make it themselves or have Gere make it. Its not great quality but an industry standard. I just use the platform myself but for the 'elders and kiddos its nice to help them in and out of the boat and when its in the drive way, nice to get in and out. I know its got two chrome brackets to that it can be through bolted from the bottom, I'm just not sure how it looks or if it looks like an after thought (it is) but overlaping the platform logo is a deal breaker.

skeeler
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I have one under our X-Star.....